X-Max issues. Switch to Animal? Direct Connect?

10fiecd

I currently have had my X-Max bindings for 1.5 years and haven’t been too happy with them. Comfort is good but my back foot comes loose easily. Also the front boot has already tore at an area where you get ankle support. Has anybody else had these issues?

I’m considering switching to animal bindings so my feet stay locked in. I don’t want to deal with making sure boots stay tight when in the course. Most people have good luck with animals? Do they have a Direct Connect option for the 2019’s?

• Baller
I'm using Reflex with R-sytle rear. I haven't tried the HO Releasable binding but it looks nice. I was on D3 T-factor before which are similar to HO Animals. My ankles were always sore with Rubber bindings no problems since changing.

• Baller_
I have 2017 Animals with the rear laces. I like them as I can set laces for my desired release point. Also comfortable no cramping even after an 8-10 pass set. Wondering how they compare to the new ones w/o laces. I tried the HO lace ups & hard shells - didn't turn my crank!

I also had issues with the new Xmax bindings. They were not lasting for a full season and the newest ones I could hardly ski in. I made the switch to hardshell (new Reflex black shell and Rstyle rear). It took about 6 sets and I am running equivalent to where I was before. They mounted to my Syndicate Pro 2017 without issue.

I had tried the Animal bindings but your feet have the opportunity to move so much more than they did in the xMax and it made it nearly impossible to ski.

• Baller
I originally went from rubber binding to black reflex, then later to Supershell because they were more comfortable. It was a really easy transition to the black reflex. The shells flexable enough that I got used to it in few sets. The Supershell took a little longer to get used to.

I’m not sure if I want to go to hard shell because of price and having to deal with the liner in the boot. Maybe it’s worth it but I had the v-max boots for a while and wasn’t a fan of them. Hard to get tight once again.

I did try on ho animals and did noticed they squeeze the ankle quite a bit. Is that something that gets better the more u use?

Also do they have a direct connect HO animal?

• Baller
I don't think they make a direct connect Animal. Double check with a vendor but don't think so. The radar and ho have the same standard mounting pattern. Sometimes there is issues gerring the proper boot placement when mixing brands. Does your ski have both direct connect and standard mounting holes?