2018 Evo settings

• Baller

I found Long/Shallow to work best on the EVO and NRG. Mine are 7.010 2.449 .780 and 7 degrees on the wing. I did add 2 washers for my onside turn which decreased that side by .030. Left side if R-Foot Forward...These same settings also worked great for the CG Fin. Only change there was DFT to .785.

• Baller
@Steven_Haines I tried stock, .25 forward, stock, .25 back, now .5 back. I also bought a microjust and may fine tune or go back forward a bit at some point. It seemed counter-intuitive to me until I read some of SkiJays posts on getting the right amount of smear.

• Baller

@Steven_Haines .... Right now I have the Whisper Fin on, so the boots are Full Forward to the stop, while I adjust the fin for smear.

That also seems to work just fine for the CG Fin also. I need to do a little grinding on the CG Fin to get the DFT to .800, then I will put it back on for a while.

• Baller

@skibrain ... Right now on the NRG, however, when tuning both, I found the settings for both to be virtually identical. I am looking at changing to the New EVO, just waiting for @Performance to get a EVO 68" Demo, and a 68" NRG R1 Demo.

From what I have heard, D3 has added some attributes of the NRG to the EVO, and attributes of the EVO to the new NRG. The only way to figure this out would be to try both. They told me today at Performance, they are selling them as fast as they come in. They only had one 67" EVO there, and no new NRG R1. Business must be really going well at D3, since @Performance is one of their top dealers. Which makes sense, since they are the BEST out there. When it comes to service, there is NOBODY better !!!

• Baller
@Steven_Haines I am still loving my 2018 67” EVO, boots at 29.875, 6.935, 2.425, .750, 7 degree wing. Not far off of factory for long and shallow.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller

I’m doing the same @Steven_Haines . I got on a ski partners 68 Arc and ran up the line first set ever and was about to absolutely crush a pass I have never run when I grabbed for the handle and it crushed me. Stupid mental error because I was days early at 4 ball. Anyway, I immediately ordered an Evo because he wasn’t 100% jazzed on selling his Arc. I’ve got 2 sets on it, and no level of comfort. I was hoping for that same magic as the Arc. I may have to @Dirt that Arc

cdups9cxt5az.jpeg

• Baller
So far it’s a rodeo. I’m overturning or I’m I’m coming into the ball on the tail. I had it at 6.940 2.425 0.760 last night and the turns felt nice but not a lot of width. I was able to run passes but they were all scrapping. Went closer to stock depth this morning to get more width and boots back 1/8. It felt better but now I’m not running passes (that whole rodeo feeling).

• Baller

@bigtex2011 no typo

@aupatking i’m in your neighborhood this weekend, if the wind quits blowing I might like to ride that 68 inch Evo.

Mike's Overall Binding

• Baller
Thanks to @aupatking I rode his 2018 68” EVO for my second tournament round this weekend, used my same fin settings only forward to .760 and binding slightly back at 30 3/8”. Dropped the speed to 32mph first time ever, M7... The ski felt great, ran right up to 5@32off, stumbled a bit around 4 ball, moderate head wind. Overall the ski felt very comfortable, but the speed felt slow. Maybe I’ll try it at 34mph, and move the binding back a bit.

Mike's Overall Binding

• Baller

@skibrain....At 6'4"@220lbs I figured the EVO-S would be too soft for me, so I never tried it. The regular EVO was the fastest D3 I have ever been on. The one I had was a 2018. I plan to try the 2019 after Nationals, since I have heard that it was greatly improved.

The 2 skis on my Radar after Nationals are the new EVO and the Denali.