Need a new handle: Got recommendations?

escmanaze

• Baller

In tow spectra with safety bar has been great for me.

The Ma Pa comment in context was inappropriate, as far as I can see.

Great handmade work is like Art. Great artist are usually only Ma or o ly Pa as is In Tow.

I can accept that all three are good. Disparagement of someone’s business is not in my view. Especially here where one of the three is a sponsor as I recall. We have legal remedies for such comments for those who choose to pursue them.

• Baller

Hey all you US Gear fans, explain what happened to Randy for a 3+ year period where he would not fill orders, return phone calls, and kept your money. Someone please justify that!.

And now all of a sudden he is back on track? Yea his handle is good but.....

• Baller

Always wanted to try a US Gear but i don't get to meet a lot of skiers beside my regular partners who don't own one and what @scuppers posted and other stories kept me from ever ordering but it seems that more and more guys are ordering and getting their handles in a reasonable time.

Question: How durable is the rubber on US Gear and can you replace rubber yourself or can it be send back to replace it ?

I go through 1.5 Radar handles in a 5 months/140 sets season usually and 125$ US plus shipping to Canuckland gets pricey in CDN$ if the rubber don't last me at least a season...

FWIW : I beleive we all go through some bad shit during our life and Randy was probably also at a certain point...Not fun for those who lost money but not the end of the world either.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
@Andre I went thru a radar handle quickly but I was using gloves with textured palms. I've been using Masterline and InTow since with no issues with wear on the rubber. With that said, I also switched away from the textured palm gloves at that same time which I believe also plays a significant part in the longevity of the rubber on any handle.

• Baller

@DaveD

Totally agree about the gloves.Since i switched from Masterline Kevlar to MSN neon i got a lot less wear on the rubber...but still use 1.5 handles a season.

Anyone ever tried to change the rubber themselves on a handle?

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!