CC 196 blowing J hose.

sixball

• Baller_
Has this boat ever had an impeller failure? If so, it's possible that bits of the impeller blades are wedged into the engine cooling system causing excessive pressure on that hose. Remove that hose and clean out any debris.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
Another possibility is if the boat has been run a lot in muddy or silt-laden water. That will harden like concrete when the engine cools, if it hasn’t been flushed with clean water after use. This will restrict flow, increase pressure, and eventually heat up a cylinder (or worse). If that’s the case, there is probably an engine rebuild in the very near future.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

@MISkier - the raw water pump impeller will provide pressure, the circulation pump does not.

A Johnson style pump is rated to about 36 psi, if output is restricted that will bring.it up. Consider pressure caps on radiators release at 6 to 20 psi these pumps are capable of blowing up components.

First check for even flow out both exhausts then work back and find the restriction.

• Baller

I remember that in those same years MC and Malibu were blowing J hoses but that was Indmar.Don't know if PCM were using the same J hose...

Were your replacement J hoses date stamp ?

Sidenote.It happened to my ski partner Malibu 07 V-Ride (also own a 196 for skiing).New to boating and thinking he was sinking with water on the floor ,he rushed to my other ski partner empty boatlift to save his boat.

Forgot about his tower and the boatlift canopy...and wrecked the canopy frame!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

Update... So my bud just got a original PCM hose and it is significantly better then the hoses he has been using! Maybe boats are not a place to save money. I think it was just how quick he could get a replacement.