Help me Ski Pictured Rocks in Michigan!

jakecuz23

If you know anyone that has any ski boat and would be willing to pull a few collegiate skiers along the pictured rocks shoreline please let me know! I would be more than happy to pay them for boat rental. If you know any skiers in Munising MI please give them my info! I plan on going July 12th.

Jake Markusic

586-770-4066

• Baller_
@2Valve, the usual Midwest collegiate tournament weather in the Fall is often quite similar to a Lake Superior summer. It might not be that much of a shock to them.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I just remember years ago riding my motorcycle on the north shore, cresting this hill and looking down to see the most beautiful beach in the world. White sand, blue azure water, hundreds of people on the beach, but nobody in the water.

That lake is freezing even in the middle of summer. :)

• Baller
About 10 years ago I was on a week long sailing trip in the Apostle islands and when we were leaving the harbor for the first time I was on the helm. I glanced down at the sea water temp gauge and it read 70. I thinking , no way, so I knocked on the glass thinking its stuck or something, doesn't move. So I figured it's broke. We got to out first anchorage later in the day. We all donned our wetsuits so we could go for a swim jumped in and much to our surprise it was right! For the rest of the week we swam in nothing but suits. Had to be one of the few times ever the lake was that warm!

• Baller_
I swam in Lake Superior in early July 2001 along that stretch of road leading to the Porcupine Mountains State Park. It was very tolerable and I am not someone who tolerates cold well. Probably near 70. Of course, that is a shallower bay, but it is possible to reach reasonable temps.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

That part of the lake actually warms not too bad , we skied right by the arch in my malibu response at the time. It was pretty cool, have to really pay attention to the wind it was calm one minute then we were fighting 5 ft waves back to munising the next my wife was not impressed.

If i remember right the surface temp was in the 70s

I have pictures somewhere...

The next day we did some wreck diving and the water temp at 102 feet down was 37 deg.

It was a bit chilly

• Baller
The key on Superior is picking the right area with the right weather. I have swam in Superior near Porcupine Mountains when the water was in the mid 70's. A few days of warm temps and bright sun with low north winds push the warm surface water to shore. Crystal clear water in an area where no one is around.