MC Prostar Single Puck Upgrade?

skibug

• Baller
Anyone perform the single puck upgrade on an MC? We have a 2015 Prostar. The single puck wiring comes with a set of male and female 4 wire connectors and another set of male and female 3 wire connectors. Are both used or only one set? Will it be evident on which ones to use once you locate dual puck connectors under the dash? Any one have any picks of the connectors under the dash?

• Baller

Thanks for the pic. I found 2 plugs under the dash but I am not sure if they are the right connectors. Do these look correct? The connector with the red tab has a tag on it that says "ZERO OFF #2" which I am assuming is the 2nd puck?

w4yu691xy2ej.jpg

ie7tqun05sae.jpg

6lv79v6kkrwb.jpg

• Baller
We are experiencing low, sporadic satellite pick up. Used to be 10 - 11, now can be as low as 4. At 4 -5 the boat won't maintain speed/engagement. I talked to ZO and they told me it had to do with the reprogramming of the satellite software and the old garmin pucks are subject to poor reception. That is the story anyway. The others that have converted, on our lake, all get 16 - 22 satellites and have no issues.....so...we dropped the $$

• Baller

Somewhere under your dash you should have the 2 connectors for the old Garmin pucks.

They both need to be disconnected. (2 grey connectors in top of picture)

kt6bhkb8jah8.jpeg

Then you need to find these two grey connectors and plug in the harness that comes with the ECI puck.

cnj2aus38er2.jpeg

The ECI harness has a couple more connectors, but you just need 2 of them.

In my case (2010 Malibu Response) the conversion was super easy.

• Baller
yea...I did a copy/paste so that shouldn't be an issue. My guess is they transposed some numbers in my ZO serial number and I somehow go the wrong code. Process wise, we used a computer and cable that was used for another boat so I know it isn't a softw

• Baller
FYI...for anyone who cares. I had to remove my cockpit kick board to access the single puck whips that were pre-wired in the ZO wiring harness. I would never have been able to find or access them unless I pull that kick board off. The other connectors that I thought were the puck connectors were actually the ZO head unit to MC display screen connections.