High profile people that Ski

ballsohard

• Baller

I saw the thread talking about Cuomo and Romney skiing. I figure that if we look at all high profile individuals and not just politicians there must be some interesting ones that are skiers.

One that I know of is that the coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs Mike Babcock is a skiing fanatic. He even flys out J Mac to his lake to give him lessons and has skied with Nate Smith, T Gas and others.

Who else that is somewhat "high profile" is into skiing?

• Baller
One year I'm in my booth at the Malibu in Milwaukee just killing time. I look up and holy shit it's Mike Babcock looking at my skis. This was when he just left as coach of the Red Wings and was going to Toronto. Being a life long Wings fan I have to admit I was a bit star struck but he was as nice as he could be. I think he was in town for one of his kids functions. We talked skiing a bit, he was super impressed with the pros!

• Baller
Back in the 80s I taught Barry Tubb and Alexandria Paul ski lessons. Barry Tubb was Jasper in Lonesome Dove and played Wolfman in Top Gun. Alexandria Paul was on Baywatch and played the Virgin Connie Swell in Dragnet. They were dating and in Texas during the filming of Lonesome Dove.

• Baller_

@Hockdog I've met him at a Borderline tournament before, he's one of the owners, but never seen him ski

@MISkier that's Borderline Lake where the Goodmans used to be, if you pause the video at 0:27 you can see Bill's little red roofed boat cover at the north end