In West Palm and skiing Nationals? You’re invited to The Cokes post-season/nationals pool party!

scoke

• Baller

Are you in West Palm and skiing Nationals? You’re invited to The Cokes post-season/post nationals pool party!

(gulp, what are we committing to?)

We’ll be hosting The 1st annual post Nationals pool party Saturday afternoon (8/10) after nationals wraps up. Approx. 4pm-10pm. This is a chance to meet fellow skiers who you’ve seen around the dock at nationals, have seen them post on the interwebs but never met and even reconnect with old friends.

If you’re from out of town or local, it’ll be a nice change of pace as we’ll be poolside with food & drinks. Fajitas, chips and salsa are on the menu with plenty of beer…maybe even a pizza delivery or two! It will be easy going and you can bring craft beers or other foods you’d like.

We live in the River Bridge Community which is about 2 blocks east of Okeeheelee Park, just behind the Wendys/Duffys shopping center. Very easy to get to.

We’ll be setup for cornhole games as well as bocce ball in our yard. Plenty of parking. See you Saturday!

Ideally, RSVP to Shelby Coke via dcoke76@yahoo.com or text me. Any questions or requests, please contact me and we’ll see what we can do.

If you would like to bring other foods, something special that’s gluten-free or gluten-full, let me know and we’ll put you down as well.

Edit: it's the first annual at our new to us house which has the pool and space. The infamous Dirt throwdown was back in 2015(?) at a set of villas our family had rented and we hosted a laid back get together.

• Baller

We’ve had a great response so far.

Lots of people of come up to me this morning at practice for an rsvp.

Unfortunately @Dirt won’t be able to attend this year. Last time he was physically green the next day and threw up at the beach!

Look forward to meeting some new folks in the tourney skiing community.

• Baller

Ohio

New York

Tennessee

New Hampshire

Kansas

Louisiana

Massachusetts

Florida

All accounted for as of this morning for Saturday afternoon PM!

Also had some funny emails and conversations of what to bring. All good.

• Baller

Pretty funny emails, texts and personal conversations for Saturday.

Yes, if you medal in any event, you can wear it while drinking a beer while swimming in our pool.

No, we won't be taking any pictures but if you want to take and post photos, do your thing.

No, we won't have a mariachi band.

Yes, we'll do it next year if it goes well AND okeeheelee hosts nationals again.

Yes, we'll get dominos pizza instead of Papa Johns.

Yes, we'll get Papa Johns instead of Dominos. Guess we'll get both.

Yes, I'll have a couple of cases of "house beer" Yuengling for everyone but you can bring whatever you'd like too.

Yes, we'll consider getting a Party ball or Keg next year.

Yes, I am the tall skinny big-headed guy working the practice list every morning from 8am-10am. It's like herding cats.

Just a few questions being asked and answered.

@eyepeeler , we'll have quite a few junior skiers. If you would like to lead the charge on coordinating the after party, I prolly can get Ms.Scoke to sign off on it!

• Baller

Missions on the list.

Anyone else? Email me for more information.

After Ms.Scoke skis today, she’s going grocery shopping for the party. I’m pressure washing the back patio one final time.

• Baller

Thanks liquid d.

Ms. Scoke brought home hardware last night so I knew it was on.

My first podium at nationals ;)

party might be a tad more intense.

I’ve got most everyone called into the gate but If you’re trying to get a hold of me text is best:

@liquid d You are right about @scoke. Great plan for the scokes tonight to celebrate. Wish I could join in the celebration for Shelby tonight. This guys works very hard to ski well. Super pumped for him. I will make sure to attend next year. Congrats to Shelby for a huge win and accomplishment. They are not easy to come by. Drink a crown for me

• Baller

Thanks for the kind words. As my long time friend, mentor and sometimes ski partner Chad Scott says "It's a team sport!".

Shout out to PdTSki from Tennessee. He's podiumed in Mens 3 at nationals 2 years in a row as well as multiple years at regionals. He's a hell of a training partner during the winter.

Also, we both have been influenced by Lake 38 and the Albritton Ski School. Thanks for the coozies!

8yd5dcxcfj16.jpg

We did get all the medal winners in the pool at once. 4 of these medal winners train out of our home which we jokingly call "castle oasis". Ironically 4 of these skiers also stayed at castle oasis during nationals. The 5th is a new to Okeeheelee club member. She was already a powerhouse!

k3561ehsmncg.jpg

• Baller
Hey Ballers! Looks like an awesome party! Is anyone still around the West Palm area that could do me a favor? Our donation for Junior Development Banquet was delayed and is currently at Embassy Suites front desk (near airport on Belvedere) Would anyone be willing to pick up and store until next years Nationals? It’s too heavy to ship back and I’m not sure how long Embassy can hold it. It’s a case of 24 hydroflasks/mugs ($450) My # is 541-760-2779. Thank you guys! Looking forward to next year, it’s an awesome site and the volunteers and officials worked their tails off! We appreciate you all!