Anyone going to be at the Alan Rossi Tournament?

Keith_Menard

• Baller
Congrats on your first tournament! While I will not be there personally, I know you will be in good hands. Alan Rossi would have been the first to greet you to the waterski community with a smile and hand shake. That tradition continues to this day. Have fun and don’t hesitate to ask anyone for answers to any questions you have. They will be happy to help.

• Baller
@ALPJr The course used for the tournament is in a protected no-wake zone that we can only use for one day a year (Saturday), but there is a public course in another portion of the same lake that anyone can ski with their own boat.

• Supporting Member

Great tournament with GREAT people. The layout is "interesting" with a walk through the woods to get to the starting dock, but I think you'll really enjoy the entire experience!

(Technically I haven't been there in several years, so I don't know for sure the layout is still as I described.)

• Baller

I sent a note to Brooks about this tournament, let me paraphrase...when waterskiing looks to the future, they should look to this tournament. The adults came to play, but the first concern was the nurturing of the young kids interest.

One of the most touching parts of the tournament was an older gentleman was passing out memorial shirts to remember his friends Alan and Tom...that he had made himself.

The morning fog delayed things a bit, and a decision was made to start 3rd round at your last completed pass. It seemed everyone tried to step on the gas to get everyone in. It was an absolutely superb crew that put this on.

Chris mentioned Alan would have been the first to welcome us, and I can tell you there was no shortage of people taking up that cause. Other than a couple INT tournaments a bunch of years ago, this was my first. My wife and son had never done one. Again, they people couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. My daughter who JUST got into waterskiing about a month ago made friends with some of the 'older girls' and she said SHE wants to compete next year.

wa8zv3cvcw4j.png

Now, I may not have won a trophy like my son did:

l5gmsmjlml6c.png

But I think I still had a nice haul:

u8ctowltgzjs.png

I enjoyed it so much...I almost didn't want to say anything...I want to make sure there is room for us next year :)

I just need to make sure I can get the wife and kids some course time before then!