Custom Jr. Ski

LoopSki

• Baller

Bad idea. I’ve been on the receiving end of dad-engineering cheap-out. When I was a kid my dad cut three inches of front and tapered 6” off the tail of a concave wood slalom. I knew no better, but it was hard to ski and I had nasty falls. For two years. Demoed my first real slalom ski at end of that and difference was HUGE.

You want him to love the sport?

If he’s outgrown the Amigo, get him a used real ski that will give him the best experience rather than a crappy one.

• Baller
Matt Rini did that for Paige years ago and many people have done the same. Works great but I think you cut too much off. I think he did 59. Rounded the back sanded and cut in a new slot for the fin. Then had to drill for the Wiley bindings.

I believe paige was in shortline setting records.

Focus on stacked position thru the wakes. At slower speeds the wakes are big.Teach Creating space from the buoy so they learn backslding the buoy, Not skiing to it. A Longer ski will help achieve this with fewer OTF. When teaching stacked position shorter skiis have a greater chance of OTF. To many focus on turns - the ski will turn if you ski wide enough with space.

I am Not a fan of the wide skiis due to a flat knife thru butter verses the cutting edge. If a wide ski is used for the purpose of getting up. Use easy up handle - It can also be used in tournaments.

Adult skiis up to 67inch equipped with proper binders work well IE use one of your old hi end skiis. I have used Goode 9800's all will work. I believe rear toe helps junior skiers achieve stacked position. Double boots locks them up into dumpy butt position and sometimes stays with them creating a sqatty skier.

• Baller

Decided the Nomad was too short, i just had no choice where to cut it as it was snapped. So I made him one out of my old X7. FYI I tried him on a 63" this weekend and its just too big . This ski is about a 58".

Trying it out after school.

r7arahoosboh.jpg

8wiqvy03efde.jpg