Perfect Pass Stargazer - Wake / 3-event swap ok?

Fine409

• Baller

I picked up a new boat that currently has Stargazer Wake edition. Old boat that I plan to sell has the 3-event version. Am I OK to swap the master modules between boats so I can keep the 3-event version on my new to me boat?

I plan to reach out to the folks at Perfect Pass on Monday to confirm, but just curious if anyone here know? Thanks!

• Baller

Double check first that you can't re-config your wake edition to 3 event.

There is a special push-button power on procedure that lets you choose which version you want. (can't remember the procedure but will try to look it up)

I think some master modules don't have this option, but some do.

• Baller

It's something like this:

SYSTEM RESET Turn key ON and quickly press and hold “ON/OFF” and “Menu Keys” together for about 5 seconds until [ SYSTEM RESET ^ = YES ] appears. Answer the questions including YES to [Wakeboard Only ^ = YES].

Not sure if this will work, but we did do it on one boat a few years ago. (it may have been a 3-event system re-config'd to wakeboard mode, and so we set it back to 3 event)

But a wakeboard edition purchased directly from PP may not be able to switch to 3-event.

• Baller
Most PP systems only have the one edition unless both were purchased. @dtm8119 I did the exact same thing earlier this year. I also switched the displays but only because my old one was way newer than the one in the "new" boat. Everything works great.

• Baller

Swapping over the modules worked, thanks!

Quick question - is there a way I can update hours? The hours from my previous boat carried over and I'd like to sync it up with the dash. Doing the system reset didn't seem to prompt setting hours.