Slalom Course Fines - Wisconsin

epnault

• Baller_
One way to soften the opposition to buoy heads is to get yourself on your lake association board and work hard to improve the lake. If 'you' become a pro active worker in improving the lake quality and provide tangible benefits to the rest of the residents it becomes a lot harder for them to work against you as they watch you use the course on a daily basis.

This is why most courses in WI is rare...We put a course in and out and the DNR was out looking at it (somewhere in Waukesha county)...probing questions about how we "attached" it to the bottom I calmly told him we used "river anchors" which we did. Now most of the skiers from that time are either not skiing or moved on to better options...I moved to FL and solved the short season and no course available with out all the work. (BTW there was a permanent course in about the same location since 1973...why isn't that "Grandfathered")?

Wow high ticket fine...I didn't know that...Also we did try to permit the course and the DNR required a $5000 fee (Non refundable,) to "study wake damage to the shoreline".