Three Lakes Wisconsin slalom course?

PacMan

• Baller

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the thread but I was talking to someone about a permanent course that is on the three Lakes chain in northern wisconsin.

I was out there today and went to where I thought it was supposed to be but found nothing. I asked some people I saw skiing about the course and they knew nothing about one either.

Does anybody know where or if there is a course that gets put in on the chain? And if so what lake is it?

There are 2 permanent courses on the chain, but neither is maintained very well/ at all and not worth skiing. There is a course on Big Stone that is part of the Aqua Devils Ski School. Hard to miss, there's also a jump in the water right next to it. The few times we've driven by it, its usually a big banana, and Big Stone is one of the choppier lakes on the chain so you'll have a hard time getting even decent water.

There's another course on Long Lake thats part of Honeyrock camp... but that course is always missing several buoys and is also never even remotely straight.

We have a cabin on Island Lake and drop a portable course in most weekends during the summer whenever we're up there. Send me a DM if you want to meet up and ski sometime.

• Baller

@mlange My parents own on Mercer lake in Minocqua and we have a portable course we set up every now and then I was just looking for permanent sites that are hopefully not crazy busy in the area. Kawaguesaga has a course but there's boat traffic sending rollers through it at all hours, except early morning, but if I'm up early enough to move our boat and ski that I might as well put up our course. I don't like having my course in on Mercer lake too late in the day because of the small size of the lake and boat traffic.

@emwheaton thanks for the info, sounds like I might as well give up on those. Thanks for the invite probably next year will work better since the temps are starting to drop now. Do you think you'll set it up this year still? Cuz I'll still ski till late October.

If either of you wanna ski at my site PM me. It's hard to find people to ski with up here for some reason.