FlowPointTV S6 E2: Freddie Winter Podcast

ROBOT

• Administrators
FYI - @MarcusBrown has decided to it is ok to use some words that you may not want your kids to hear. I do not have a problem with it as long as you are not surprised by it.

• Baller
I loved this. @MarcusBrown thank you for doing what you do. Yes it's two guys chatting in an RV but the production is awesome (little things make a huge difference) and Freddie is a great guest/interviewee. Makes for a great piece to watch. An inspirational rally cry, too, to some degree– how hard would it be to string some events together into a tour? Maybe the way to do it is a backyard tour of some sort. A string of lesser-known, nimble, less formal venues throughout the states/world. They televise professional cornhole tournaments and curling. Seems like there might be a chance to revitalize this on TV by with that tour/story concept. Interesting note about us late X'ers/Early Millenials (the 30-45 crowd) involvement. I know I've got 4 of them on the boat most mornings so we're into it for sure! Kinda wondering how we can help realistically. What age group is carrying the sport now? Boomers/early X'ers?

• Baller

@MarcusBrown ..... GREAT GREAt GREAT interview. Not only has Marcus been one of the best technique skiers ever, but a totally NATURAL at these interviews. He always gets the real personal side of the skiers and their real feelings. FW is one of the best BALLS OUT skiers ever. We all ski to failure, but FW skies to DISASTER !!! Nobody tries harder.

Thanks so much, really enjoyed it.

• Baller_

Thank you all for the feedback and kind comments. Trying something different here, inspired a bit by Joe Rogan, among others, to be more real and conversational than my previous podcasts. Gonna keep this format going for a bit and see how you all end up liking it.

Did 7 or 8 other interviews last weekend, so more to come...

@jpattigr you can search for FlowPoint podcast on iTunes, and subscribe there. At the moment, that’s the only podcasting platform I’m pushing this to. Maybe I’ll get caught up with the times and offer it in more places besides YouTube and iTunes. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Also, I’ve done this before, but lemme know who else you might wanna see on this type of format, keeping in mind I’m probably going to stick to in person interviews, and scrap the Skype/internet type interviews for a while,...

????

• Baller
Lucky Lowe would be great! 1st lesson I ever had was in 1985 from Lucky, he was rep'ing Supra boats I believe. He came to the boat dealership I was working at for my summer job in Vermont, maybe I was 16, and took me for a ski and got me through the course for the 1st time! That whistle he had was loud, could here it over the motor. He was very to the point. Would love his commentary on the sport given the amount time he has invested in it.