leverage

6balls

• Administrators
@6balls what is see is that he is tall but carrying the load in both arms and not working more than he needs to.

• Administrators
@wawaskr That's not really what you see. TGas has his own bizarre asymmetrical shape that no one else skis on. I think you can order it but they don't advertise it. I imagine whenever they make him a fresh one they slap the most current graphics on it because what other graphics would they use?

• Baller

Every skier has different hip flex capability. I have never been “flexible”. Staying open to the boat on my onside isn’t too difficult as it doesn’t require as much rotation under an open stance. On my offside lean there is no way I can rotate below the waist and maintain open to the boat. I don’t think I am the only member of that club. I try to not close off as much as I can but it is not what you would call “open”.

I took some sets with Brandon Bucher years ago (like 15-20?) and he was espousing the new West Coast style which is open to the boat. After several attempts I did run a fairly nice medium effort 35 off, but the next morning my back was hot mess.

When I watch some skiers like Nelly Ross, my back hurts just watching. But I would love to be that flexible and ski with such grace and smoothness. Just not going to happen in my lifetime.

• Baller

Same skier pictured from the boat look like skiing differently than when pictured from the shore, shooting with a camera with a good lens from the shore makes for some cool pictures and the skier looks even cooler, but sometimes pictures are deceiving.