Horton

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

Stiletto great memories

Jason Paredes gave/sold me like $50 an old EP Stiletto when I was stalling out at 15/36 in college.He was the coach. This was maybe 1993 or 1994 Pushed me mostly through -22 then for some reason it did not work for me anymore and I went back to my Kidder. Felt like I could push the Kidder around on my own betterFunny part is I stopped skiing for darn near 20 years and when I came back I asked my parents if my ski stuff was still in the basement of their house where I left it. My Dad said sure. So I found the kidder rode it and then went to look for the Stilletto. My Dad told me that he cut it up with the Sawzall and put it in curbside recycling..

Great memories

Waiting for the video.

• Administrators

First pass 32 mph 28 off ( I am not that crazy). After that I went to 34 and stayed there.

Then I ran some 28s. It took a few tries to run 32. Best was 2.5 at35

Second ride. I ran all my 32s and after a bunch of tries got 3 @ 35.

Most of the passes are below.

This was all with Chuck Forrest settings. I do not know what he looked like skiing but it is not how I ski. I will try traditional settings next.

• Baller
Steve Schnitzer at one time sold a fin like Chuck Forrest used called the “Chucky”. It was more of a triangle shape with a smaller radius at the deepest point and very little “belly” in the fin. It therefore did not have as much surface area compared to the traditional shape but you were to run it deep. That blue fin you’re running looks like way too much fin. Kristi Overton rode that ski as well from what I remember. I have one of the very first ones made before EP was sold. It finally cracked between the feet after a few seasons. It was a great ski at the time.

• Baller
I wouldn,t like to see anybody get hurt, but playing around with old skis is scarey, what make of ski was Jennifet Leachman on, when she had a catastrophic failure, as she entered the first wake, resulting in horrific injuries, I think the ski snapped inbetween her bindings ( double boots )

• Supporting Member
So as of your first swing, you're exactly two passes worse that your c-75. Do you suspect that we've really added two passes via ski tech during that time, or is it more like you could get a lot further on that Stiletto with more practice and tuning your style to it?

• Administrators

@Than_Bogan

ski design advancement in the last 25 years seems worth 6 to 9 balls for me. I am going to monkey around and see what I can get. If I can get comfortable at exit of Off Side I think I can get 2 @ 38.

• Baller
I had to give a court deposition on these. Mine broke and apparently another skier was badly injured when one broke on them. The questions the defense attorney asked were crazy. Was a pretty intense deal. Never knew who the skier was who was suing EP. Mine broke in half when I hit the first wake. Think I got it from Lucky.

• Baller

First ski I ran 38 on. Bought it from John Reichard. Something of a blem ski I imagine. Ski must have been full of resin. Probably weighed 10 lbs. Maybe 15 with the double HO high wraps. It floated tail town. Like straight down with about 2" of tip sticking out of the water.

Still in the rafters over at the shop. Prolly pass on the nostalgia ride though...

• Administrators

Good settings make all the difference. I think it is still too much fin but what better. The funny thing is my gates are as bad at 38 on the EP as they are on any new ski.