For Sale - 2010 Malibu Response CB

DavidN

• Baller

The time for an upgrade has finally come, so I have to sell my Malibu.

2010 Malibu Response Closed Bow, Indmar 350 LCR EFI-MPI Engine, 330hp, 680hours

Sunbrella Bimini Top, ZeroOff (upgraded to Single Puck, Rev.S by Freddy Krueger), Flip-up Bolster Seat, Isotta Steering Wheel, PTM Edge 140 Mirror, Indmar Sea Strainer with EZ-Flush connection, OJ Water cooled Dripless Shaft Seal, Primex Silent Rider Mufflers, Stainless turn down Exhaust silencer tips, Fiberglass Swim Platform with new SeaDek Pad, Stainless Wedge Bracket & Swim Platform Door, 2 pairs of SS pull-up Cleats, Secondary Bilge Pump, Patriotic Decal Upgrade, CE Package

Original Malibu Boat Cover + Custom made Cover, custom Malibu / SMP Single Axle Trailer with torsion axle, surge Brakes, and LED Lighting

Boat and Trailer have clean Titles and current Florida registrations.

It is a one owner boat in mint condition, meticulously maintained and very well taken care of. Upholstery, carpet, and gelcoat are in excellent condition! Fresh water use only, always kept on covered boat lift or on trailer, stored indoors. Engine oil was changed every 50 hours. (Full service records with receipts since bought new will be provided.)

Recently serviced/replaced: Battery, raw water pump, impeller, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, spark plugs, distributor cap & rotor, PCV valve, transmission fluid.

The boat runs, drives, and skies excellent. It is in showroom condition with only minor signs of usage. It can be test-driven and skied anytime! Located in Clermont, FL

I’m asking $26,500

kv5lgjcl5dix.jpeg

wlcu016pcnao.jpeg

54n8182bsuy2.jpeg

0s5bok9wsfx1.jpeg

gprr3e7l8vrz.jpeg

qd1yb92g98md.jpeg

5s79oial65hg.jpeg

sdzniitjkp0i.jpeg

sanjdglsa3la.jpeg

ddl8cc8jprdc.jpeg

k9l5vl781hds.jpeg

2iufuy3bto02.jpeg

2wikguim53sd.jpeg

r48dzbxpi2w3.jpeg

1atedr9vu766.jpeg

izw0qvvjni10.jpeg

0xxbbz58b7m7.jpeg

9i2a3uq14k5j.jpeg

r0jht2lcb76b.jpeg

• Baller
I realize this is some, but curious about this year/model Malibu. How does this ski/drive/wake characteristics compared to say a 19txi? Compared to a 98/99’ish Malibu echelon or response? I’ve skied and driven the Lxi of around 2010 year and didn’t like it. Curious how this is different. Thanks.

• Baller_
@WBLskier, that boat should be very, very close to a 99 Response. They are the same hull. Malibu made it all the way up to like 2012 or so. I have a 2009 Response LX. It is the same hull as the 1999 LX. The main difference is a slightly upgraded interior and Zero Off.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
@WBLskier, to further answer you, the wake is low and slightly firm. Tracking is good with tight steering (no slop). Great throttle feel. Since it’s a small boat (about 2450 lbs) and narrow beam, you can move it more than the big boats of today. It’s fast. No real issue at 22 off and I’ve spent a lot of time there. If you want to see video of an LX being skied, let me know.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
@WBLskier - what didn't you like about the LXI? As noted, the LX for it's full life is on the SV23 hull although there were basically 2 modifications, the diamond then the diamond cut updates. Those made minor changes to the wake over the years. Just my observation, the LXI wake is a bit softer particularly at the edges at the shorter line lengths. There are some ergonomic changes, particularly in the drivers seat position over the years that may or may not be positive depending on what suits you.

• Baller
@DW- I found it to have a big 22 off bump, a big wake at kids speeds, didn’t love the sight lines and it felt like it rolled a lot side to side on turns compared to my older boat. Not trying to knock it as they are great looking boats, but just my experience.

• Baller

This boat, as well as every echelon and response (and LX, but NOT Lxi) from 98 onward rode on the same hull (SV23 diamond). Cut diamond never made it to response or lx. While there was major interior redesign in '99, the diamond hull came out in '98. As for wakes, I've had 98, 99, and 05, and have loved them. golden era for lxi was 03-06.

WBL, OP's boat was likely a better all around performer than the '10 lxi, which was not everyone's favorite.