Ankle Replacement

lpskier

• Baller_
One of my ski partners had an ankle replaced a couple years ago with good results. I seem to be looking at one now. Does anyone have any experience with replacing an ankle? What I am most concerned about is limitation on activity, although not having chronic significant ankle pain will be a plus.

Lpskier

• Baller
@Ipskier you have got to be prepared to do the work and go through the agonising Physio, a ski buddy of mine had a bad fall a number of years ago, when they got to him his foot was 180 degree,s the other way, they were going to fuse it all together until some young doctor jumped in with options, he had the surgery and endured 18 months of excruciating pain, mostly during Physio, he went on to continue running 38 OFF, I truly admired his determination and courage.

• Baller
@S1Pitts he was in his early 30's, he was fortunate that a doctor from South Africa happened to be present when he was admitted and intervened, like everything the surgeon you choose, is the most important thing, like boat drivers there are people that can drive the boat and then there is people who really understand whats going on, which makes them outstanding drivers, it's no different when it comes to surgeons.