Best skis of the 80's and 90's

Pullhard

Ball of Spray community, here is an interesting question. I've been out of the sport for while and trying to catch up on the history of slalom skis. I'd like to know more about the skis from the 80's and 90's. What were the dominant skis then and who were the top skiers skiing on them? Also, with your opinion, I would also be interested to know how each of these skis may have had an impact on ski development leading to where skis are today. Looking forward to your comments. Thank you

• Baller
Thx @503Kento @Pullhard if your real question is 20 - 30 years ago I used to ski on a _________. It is still in the boat house but I’m thinking about getting a new ski. Where do I start? Or I love ______ about my old ski, anything out there that shares the DNA of my old favorite? Apologies if that is putting words in your mouth, but that is where many of these threads end up. ?

• Baller
Best all time is the 9100 240 AMP and then the original hand finished black EP Stiletto. I had a bunch of HO's during that time and while I could ski as well on them, I lacked consistency. Tried just about everything top of the line from O'Brien, Matercraft Lapoints, Connelly, Kidders (D3's first ski), even a Skunkworx (I think that is what it was called).

• Baller

Some of the best skis in the 80’s 90’ Connelly HP Connelly Concept

EP tactic and Stiletto same ski Tactic a bit softer. Mastercraft mirage or LaPoint pro, kidder redline Are some of the best for the time. As stated earlier the 9100 changes everything ski wise and price wise.

• Baller

Yes there was a great thread on this... The Goode 9100 was a total game changer for me.

But that was late---past your post question. there was a period where the KD7000 was the ski here in NorCal. Late 90s

And I have posted photos of my EP Stilleto which was a great ski, and some say (though I have no real info on this) that it was the inspiration for the shape for the 9100. The Stilleto was super stiff.

Connelly in the 80s and early 90s === Mike Kjelannder