Definition of a "set"

wettek69

• Baller

Gidday guys.

Please educate me. What is the general definition of a slalom "set"? I have seen some talk about it as 4 passes through the course, most seem to use 6 passes, some higher.

Just a Sunday morning question while I try to work up the motivation to mow my lawn.

Regards to all.

• Baller

If you are @Razorskier1 no kidding might be 30 plus passes all 32 off or shorter (three times in a given morning)...or maybe 12 passes at 35 off just cuz you can after a quick warm up at 28 and 32.

Most busy places I've seen limit to 6 or so per skier to keep the line moving. I get worse after 6-8 passes so doesn't make much sense to continue other than fun, opportunity, and using glass. I think most run 6-8.

My bro Jim...he simply doesn't wear out. Gas bill...bad...hours on boat...high. I just tried to keep up.

• Baller_
@dbutcher Your body might be able to stand more passes than is productive. My rule of thumb is that your set should end (assuming it’s not busy) either when you are tired or when your skiing starts to degrade. There is no point practicing bad technique resulting from fatigue and there is no point getting hurt due to fatigue.

Lpskier

• Baller

Well, I did mow my lawn, then cooled off with a couple of beers. 34 centigrade and 78% humidity over here (Queensland, Australia). Would have preferred to be skiing, but the better half advised me that yard work was in my best interests.

Was interested to know if there was any numbers behind a "set" as I watched the old (2013?) Electric Nautique video where they said the battery was good for 4 sets followed by a 4 1/2 hour charge.

Anyway, time for another beer.

Regards to all.

• Baller
Like everyone else has said, it really depends on your preferences. For slalom, a lot of people say 6-8 passes. I've seen most trick sets as 4 passes about the lake (two up and backs), Jump sets are typically 5-6 jumps, or end after a bad crash