Innovators and Motivators ?

Stevie Boy

• Baller

Many of the Top Innovators and Motivators for Slalom Water Skis, are no longer with us, they excelled in bringing us new ideas and equipment that performed for the masses.

Who is left, I can think of a couple of candidates, but they follow people that were just outstanding Geniuses.

Who is your Candidate ?

• Administrators

my list of monumental innovators who are still on the planet includes...

Denny Kidder

Rob Shirley

Schnitz!

Roger Teeter

Nick Parsons

Ron Goodman

KLP

BLP

I'm not so good on the motivators list but it should certainly include...

Jay Bennett

Jack Travers

Jim McCormick

Brent Larson

having a list that only includes those were still alive is frustrating. It's a reminder of all the great folks we've lost.

• Baller

I still think some of the stoke vids @brooks used to make for TWB were great.

As a professional in the digital economy, I think the innovators are the guys who are trying to leverage new avenues to bring skiing into the future.

@Luzz

@MarcusBrown

@JoelHowley esp with his great IG vids and his trips to S. Korea

People under the age of 40 consume the world through their smartphones. This type of innovation is going to save the sport (I hope).

Also dig DFC with @TFIN and @Horton.

I think Radar, HO, and Connelly are all really great at digital marketing and content these days. H/T to the folks who work on those efforts.

• Baller_
@BraceMaker Agree!! Joel just has fun. Would be cool if his uTube channel could be hyped more. Great entertainment. He puts out a lot of them. Between him and Marcus, I think they are bringing back the sense of fun into the sport...much needed.

• Baller
@Horton, your knowledge is extensive so it makes me wonder why you didn't list Herb O'Brien and Pat Connelly as innovators. I never knew them but skied on their skis along with skis made by Denny Kidder and Roger Teeter. I know everyone built skis up in Washington state. Did Denny and Roger innovate while Herb and Pat Connelly mainly manufactured? Sincere question. I look forward to your insights.

• Baller_

The Meloon family.

Accuski, can't quite recall the names (Gary Haggard?), but didn't they first introduce a quality production speed control system . Certainly an innovation that has passed the test of time.