Wade Cox - FlowPointTV 20.4

Horton

• Administrators

Wade Cox was one of the most dominant water skiers in the history of the sport. He was the ProTour Champion in 1995 and 1996, 3-time Masters Champion, earned 47 Professional Slalom Titles, and was inducted into the Water Ski Hall of Fame in 2012.

To be honest, Wade inspired countless skiers throughout his years on the Pro Tour and on ESPN. The rivalry between Wade and Andy Mapple was unmatched....and unfortunately for the rest of the slalom skiers at the time, the two of these guys were almost unbeatable. Out of a run of 60 pro events, Andy won 29, Wade won 22, and the rest of the field only won 9.

It is our great honor to get to share this full interview with you. We hope you enjoy one of the greatest characters the sport has ever seen!

• Baller
I love all the stuff Marcus puts out, and was really pulled into this one. I have always been a fan of Wade and got into waterskiing when he and Andy were in the heat of battle. I started watching this piece and because it’s an hour I figured I would watch a few minutes to check it out, but I couldn’t put it down. Interesting perspectives, great history, catching up with a legend in raw form, great stuff. Thank you @MarcusBrown and Wade.

• Baller
My favorite flow point yet. Tremendous admiration for both these guys. I am one of the thousands of fans that watched this story unfold and brings it brings back great memories. In the day I wonder what percent of the actual fan base actually skied on a course? We didn’t, but we did dream!

• Baller
I have so much respect for Wade. I've been lucky enough to ski with him a few times when he has come out to Utah. Not only is he a world class coach, but my gosh, what a story teller! He constantly had us splitting a gut laughing! And great job @MarcusBrown .

• Baller_
I was fortunate to ski with Wade a number of times at Herb’s lake back when Herb owned HO. He was a great coach then, and is even better now I’m sure. One time I questioned one of his recommendations, and his reply of, “but don’t you want to get better ?” has stuck with me for the past 20 years. Thank you Marcus, great work.

• Baller
Wow!!! Awesome, I watched Wade and Andy go at it in person a couple of times, it was the reason I got hooked on this sport. I knew how great a skier Wade was, now I know what a great human he is. Someone needs to make a movie on the history of this sport, it would be unreal. Great work Marcus

• Baller

Thank you Flowpoint/Marcus. Great talk w/ a amazing person & skier Wade Cox. He’s got a big heart, Getting choked up during his talk with Marcus. Ive always idolized him as a skier and love watching him over years watching videos of him. I idolize him as an awesome down to earth amazing guy. Great story teller, historian of waterskiing. Would love to have a few ski lessons with him, but I would really love to meet him one of these days.......