Ski Partners

cougfan

• Baller

I apologize in advance if this topic has been discussed before. It is a nice sunny day here in the PNW and it got me to thinking about skiing. Heck I think about skiing when it’s raining too?

Who would you like to ski with from the past and the present?

Here are my 2 choices.

Past My brother-in-law Danny Reichlin. He was killed in a vehicle accident on May 7 1999. He was only 36.

He and I worked together for my Father-in-Law on his dairy farm. We would get our chores done and then head up I-5 about 20 minutes to lake Sammish.

He was the one along with my wife who introduced me to slalom skiing. He had a 1977 16 1/2 ft Apollo with a 115 Mercury on it.

He was an incredible skier and self taught barefooter. We would ski most every night during the summer till past dark. He skied on a Jobe Honeycomb. I can just imagine what he could do with today’s modern boats and skis.

Not only was he a great skier but a great person! He cared about others and gave

of his time every chance he got. Really miss this guy and think about him when my wife and I are skiing together

Present hands down for me is @MarcusBrown this guy leads an incredible life. Produces the coolest videos out there FlowPoint TV. Travels to the neatest locations. Skis with the most interesting people. Promotes the sport to anyone and everyone especially the younger generation.

My goal is to get him to come up to Wa state and ski with the Wednesday night crew this summer on Bow lake or if he just wants to free ski to ski on Big lake. He would have quite the experience joining us for one of our world famous Wednesday night seasons. Hopefully he would come hungry because the dinner after skiing is just as important. Who knows maybe we would be on a future FlowPoint TV episode?

• Baller

@cougfan Good topic. I've been on a steady diet of Youtube lately, going over very old Finals episodes (1982 Mens Finals, 1987 Mens Finals, etc., etc.), so I am anxiously awaiting spring too.

For me it would be my brother who died way too young. We would head to our lake on Friday evening's, taking the 100 mile trip on the back of his motorcycle. We'd time it just right to get the sunset and then take our old Tri-Hull out with the 70 horse Johnson and take turns on a Connelly Hook. Talk about Nirvana........

Fast forward, I've gotten to ski with Drew Ross, Thomas Degasperi, Nate Smith and Seth Stisher. All were the epitomy of just great guys, sharing their passion for the sport.

But best of all is the current group of guys I ski with. Seven days/week when the summer hits full throttle.

Can't beat that.

• Baller
I didn’t mean to disrespect my current ski partners. Doug Ken and @Rednucleus are the greatest group of guys to ski and socialize with! So look forward to our time on the lake together and our ski trips to eastern Wa lakes. Just thinking of someone other then our inner circle to ski with. Sorry guys ?

• Baller
@Rednucleus you don’t know the half of it! Thanks to your wife we are refinishing all our wood floors, getting new carpet and tile in our master bedroom and closet, refinishing the cabinets in the kitchen and replacing our double ovens. Hope I can still afford to put gas in the boat this season? ski you soon I hope

• Baller
Did someone say “Roadtrip”? @Dockoelboto I will mention your offer to the other members of the Wednesday night crew and see if we can make it happen. Would be great to come ski with another baller on a different lake! @Rednucleus what do you think?

• Baller
I’d like to get a chance to ski with my dad. As the family story goes, my mom and dad taught the entire community of Waldport Oregon how to ski after a trip to Florida. I remember him skiing when I was little but by the time I was skiing, he wasn’t. He used to drop me and a friend in the river before I was old enough to drive and then come back a few hours later. Thanks Dad :)

Get high, Get fast, and do some good work.

• Baller_
I’ve had quite a few ski partners over the last bunch of years, some I still ski with, others who are no longer alive or have moved on to do other things. It takes a commitment to be there for others, because it’s more than , “someone needs to drive the boat “ I met @robscholl-OF back in the INT days and we still ski together over 20 years later.

• Baller

Almost 9 years ago, went on a first date with @a_bax and asked her a few questions, one of the first questions was "Are you willing to drive a ski boat?" and if yes, do you ski or interested in trying?

The answer was Yes to driving and No I have never waterskied but would like to try it!

Now she is the best driver, skiing into 28 off, she has a trick ski and has even gone over the big jump at Bennett's!

Way more then I ever could have imagined when I asked if she would drive a ski boat!

Best WIFE and ski partner0rzgeip260l2.jpg

, Won the Lottery huge!

PS: We will be Cat skiing (snow backcountry) together this week, best Snow ski partner ever also!