Cayuga Lake slalom course?

jcamp

• Baller_

@jcamp

I grew up skiing on Cayuga lake and although it was many, many years ago I can’t think of any location that would be suitable for a slalom course.

The best spot to ski is a small cove on the northeast part of the lake just north of Union Springs. Its protected from wind, about 4’ deep with a sand bottom but only skiable early morning. By mid morning on weekends there will be dozens of boats anchored and hanging out.

The south end of the lake will get really busy with lots of traffic. The farther north you can go the better.

The prevailing wind is from the southwest so you can sometimes get good water along the west shore. That time of year can have some days that are dead calm so you might get lucky if you avoid boat traffic.

Something fun to do is the railroad tressel bridge on the north end that we used to jump off - the bottom level is about 20’ off the water and the top is 55’. I climbed to the top a few times but was never crazy enough to jump - that’s a loooong way down! No idea if the safety nazis have restricted access or if you can still get on it.

Enjoy - that is a gorgeous part of the country in the summer.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding