CG Classic Fin

Garn

• Baller_

In a nutshell, yes. Its almost a no-brainer.

You have to try new stuff to learn. It may or may not work for you, but you have to change something to improve. The CG classic is a very subtle change with no downside.

Quick story - when the CG first came out, I got mine and loved it and ordered 2 more for my kid's skis. While I waited (6 weeks or so), I got out the tools and made some "CG like mods" to my daughter's fin, very similar to the CG classic. She really liked the mods. When we got the real CG, she didn't like it as much (even thought I thought the ski "looked better") and we went back to my modified CG light fin. She was 20yo and deep 35 off.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
The difference is subtle and there is no downside to the CG Classic. I have it on my ARC-S and to me the difference is that I can feel the ski come around and "pull through" 1/3/5 almost no matter what position I'm in (offside). Less of a difference onside. I'm running stock settings for the ski. The fin isn't going to change your life but it's definitely a little better than stock. I'm running into 32@34mph as a reference.

• Baller

Like @Bruce_Butterfield I modded an original Denali fin to be similar to the CG Classic, I felt it finished the turn better on my onside 2,4 with no change to my offside apart from randomly stopping and firing me out the front, after 3 OTFs I gave up on it.

• Baller

Just an update here. I recently picked up an EVO-S. Initially I used the stock fin at stock settings while I transitioned from my ARC-S w/CGC. After a few good sets I transferred my CG Classic from the ARC-S over to the EVO-S, stock fin settings exactly. Offside turn still awesome (was previously awesome, did not want to mess it up) Onside turn 10x better. This fin really plays well now with 2 skis in a row, totally worthwhile investment.

If I'm going to be swimming anywhere in the course it'll be on an onside ball these days (weaker offside pull, flat transition, controlled fall turn saved purely by it being onside, working on it, yadda yadda) and the difference of forgiveness onside is profound. Otherwise the behavior of the ski (which is already sweet) is unaltered.