Boat Lane Tracking (Sure-Path)

Jtim3032

• Baller
If anyone wants to see the Sure-Path boat lane tracking system in action, I will be in the US over the next couple of weeks and am happy to answer questions etc. 4th-7th March, Fort Myers area; 8th-11th March Orlando area; 12th-15th March Sacramento area.

• Baller
@Martin1980 I am not sure what the other company are called but they were certainly working on autosteer late last year, as are we now. We have tested a hardware prototype and hope to be testing with elite skiers April/May. That said, I would not expect it to be ratified for use in tournament this summer.

• Administrators

I'm stoked that there's a bit of an arms race with this technology. GPS path tracking is hopefully going to change slalom skiing for the better.

@Jtim3032 I plan on meeting you in Sacramento.

• Baller

Maybe it will get us in the Olympics >:)

I’m all for it, I guess. It, potentially, eliminates boat path issues but makes me a little sad that being a great boat driver will be a thing of the past. It’s one that we definitely NEED to embrace. Hopefully it won’t be nailing us like ZO did in it’s early iterations

• Baller

Yeah, I agree. The thread wandered from path monitoring, which this system seems to do well, to auto steer. I was following that thought. That’s why I said “potentially”. I should have been clearer.

Just for good measure I threw in a little Olympic talk, just for you.

• Baller

@ Horton @@monza @skierjp

If you schedule an appointment be careful. I scheduled one . Had people on the dock. Boat uncovered. NO SHOW. NO TEXT NO CALL..

I called and texted. NO RESPONSE FOR 2 Days.

Hope customer service is better than the representative.

• Baller
@Xpropman as you well know my colleague (who does not work for me and is just a friend trying to help) had a family emergency at the time which meant he went off grid for a while. He subsequently apologised profusely to you for the inconvenience caused and I think your comment is quite uncalled for.