If you're trying to put boat prices in perspective look at this-

EFW

• Baller

9t56kt4gc6tt.jpg

$31,200 - of course that's with no tools. Our mechanic said "I've always had junk and this is how I make my living so I bought the best for once in my life"

So multiply that by 3 and you almost have a new SN. Well almost

• Baller

Here's how that doesn't apply to ski boat pricing:

Yes, you can spend a silly amount on a new toolbox (or inboard ski boat), if you want to

No, you can't buy an inexpensive new inboard ski boat, if you want to. But you can still find a new cheap toolbox.

As one who is a fully licensed mechanic and now a Snapon Franchisee for 19 years it is clear to see that people out side the industry dont understand the automotive industry very well. What I can tell you from my experience is that for someone to invest that kind of money in his or her occupation in most cases is the one with pride and commitment to being an efficient and competent technician. You can bet that that particular person has twice that money invested in product inside. For some it is bragging rites but for most it is taking the job and its challenges very seriously, and thats the person that I want to work on my car with over 50 different computer systems that today's cars have. Gone are the days of the dumb mechanic. Just my 2cents :)

• Baller

I'm not surprised. A good bike, not top of the line, like that tool box is 5k. A good shotgun like you would see at a tourney, not top of the line, would be 5-10k used.

Really nice things are expensive. Good for your mechanic

pat m I understand that it seems outrageous but all of Snapon Tool boxes are made in the USA not assembled and if I had to guess the weight of that tool box empty is 2000 lbs not to mention all of the other features that are in that particular unit as well as it has lifetime warranty. As well as I bet the person that bought that tool box probably got a much better price than full list price as that is what $31200. As for the getting ripped off comment as I stated earlier a lot of people do not understand the industry all automotive technicians are required to purchase their tools and box at there on expense. So most of the people that invest in something like that are making an hourly wage from there employer.

@RichardDoane the amount of Snapon dealers that you have seen in your life has no relation to someones decision to buy a quality product or not. I guess if people that are super invested in their jobs are fools, then going back to the original context of this thread, so is anyone that would pay $100 plus grand for a new ski boat that they use for six months of the year or a guy that would spend $90 plus grand on a truck to tow it. I guess it all comes down to different strokes for different folks and that is what makes this beautiful world go round. ;)

• Baller
I was a mechanic at a Porsche restoration shop before and during college. I don't see the utility of some of those boxes that you would have to have a ladder to see the contents. The only real utility of a box is saving time accessing your tools. For some it is a beauty contest. I was paid 50% of the labor bill, so speed was everything.