AWSA Membership and Canada version

jpattigr

• Baller
Just a newbie question about Memberships? My wife @a_bax is thinking she may want to try a tournament for the first time this summer. We are members of WSWA (waterski & wakeboard Alberta (Canada)) being members of Predator Bay waterski club. BUT we have a cottage in USA and 2 tournaments she is considering are in Washington state, does she need to buy a ASWA membership also? All these membership fee's plus tournament fee's add up, just to try one tournament. If she crashes on her opening pass, maybe the most expensive couple of turns ever!

• Baller_
Look for a tournament with both a class C sanction and Grassroots that will allow accommodation for Novices. We have a few of these in MI each summer and allow a minimum 4 passes or 2 falls for Novices. You are still scored to your first miss or fall, but get more passes.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

@MISkier thanks we will look for that. Alana would prefer to try a Tournament in USA as she prefers skiing 32mph and with ZBS, would feel more comfortable. Canada has not gone to ZBS. Will look for a C or Grassroots.

• Baller

@JeffSurdej is there a reason the Temporary Guest Membership couldn't be extended to cover just 1 event? Particularly for someone who has "international" membership.

I get that you wouldn't want to have someone who skis 3 tournaments a year buying 3 1 day memberships - but on the flip side if someone has a full membership to whatever other ski association why can't they do a 10$/event temporary membership and ski?