Peak Toilet Paper Shortage (PTPS)

Horton

• Administrators
does anybody have statistical data on the toilet paper shortage? I think once the graphs show we are at the Peak of toilet paper shortage we will know things are getting better.

• Administrators
@Mrs_MS I confess I use way more than 20 sheets per poop. I do not know how many but 20 seems like not enough. ( I drink too much coffee & I like a clean exit hole )

• Baller
Looks like my wife is trying to starts a lawn mower when she gets the toilet paper off the roll. Stressed me out until a combination of letting it go and the introduction of the mega packs of TP. We have 3 daughters , and guess who potty trained them. This damn panic buying better not elude me for my quest for the beloved mega pack for very much longer.

• Baller

So many bare shelves at walmart yesterday...crazy...TP, dish soap, hand sanitizer. Without an excessive up-tick in usage of TP, there should be enough for everyone just like there was before--granted people don't fill their garages with the stuff. This not a G.I. illness.

We joke, but those not panicking probably won't have any soon.

• Baller

If you are in the Los Angeles area, and would like to ski behind a beautiful Mastercraft on a private waterski lake:

1 set = 1 toilet roll

1 set with coaching: 1 toilet roll + Hand sanitizer

Additional options:

a) Drive straight = Add rice or pasta

b) Celebrity tour of Ball Of Spray headquarters (from a distance, it's not safe there) = add Scotch.

• Baller_

Email from my wife:

So I have just been into Publix.

Honestly it was shocking - they had no toilet paper at all.

Reluctantly I headed for the customer service and asked if they had any. A firm NO and a look of sheer disgust was the answer.

Walking back to the toilets with my pants around my ankles was a walk I never want to do again.

Lpskier

• Members

We are up in a northern cottage area in Ontario, went into the store yesterday in town (Haliburton) and there were a few items that we empty but they had lots of TP, soap and cleaning supplies. I do not think that have hand sanitizer as that has been out for a while as I do not think they typically order that stuff.

The stock guy was saying how they are doing summer orders of some stuff (winter time is a slow season as lakes are all ice). Most people were chill.

When I saw the clips from the city last week it made me think we are f'cked when a virus comes a long that just kills everyone that gets it. I mean people are fighting over TP.

• Baller_
The unfortunate aspect is there has been discussion from experts on how to handle a pandemic for a long time as the world globalized. Too bad society did not listen very carefully, but fortunately humans are pretty resilient and will bounce back. I hope the panic buying slows down and some semblance of sanity starts to prevail.

• Baller

Ran up to the local Lowe's just to get out of the house (my company is on mandatory WFH). Took my dog with me and he was mobbed with affection by all the store employee's, since there was nobody in the store. :)

we32f9a81ebug.jpg

• Baller
Local news here had a spot yesterday about a hardware store owner who got a pallet of 36-packs of TP. He was charging $89.99 for them! He tried to justify it. What's a justifiable punishment for this idiot? I have some ideas...