2002 American Skier Pro?

tlarocque

• Baller

Any comments on wake, build quality, tracking? I'm just a free skier (I have a 2007 SN 206 at my lake house), looking at an inexpensive boat that I could use in salt water at my home in San Diego.

Messaged Ron Tanis who sold the company in 2001 and he said there were very few changes in 2002 since the new owners (Elan) hadn't moved production yet. I know they had issues after that.

• Baller
2001+ Pro Might be the best ski wake ever. Think it was the last offshoot of the TBX. There were some promos in texas and we had one in the lift at our lake until 2010 when I bought @MS's boat and swapped em in the lift. That American Skier Pro was a handful to drive. I can drink a six pack, pop 3 or 4 Vicadin, and go drive a school bus. But you better be razor sharp behind the wheel of that boat and on your game, especially in a turn.

• Baller
The 1985 American Skier Advance that I had chine locked. The 1986 Advance I had did not. I was never enamored with the TBX model which I think started in 1987, but the 1986 I had was a sweet boat in every way. Put ZO in a 1986 Advance, and it would compete nicely with the new ski boats.