Ski rope - Question!

jenksski

Looking to purchasing a new ski rope. Currently using a Radar 10 section Mainline. It's fraying a little, don't want the inevitable to happen!

Anyone know what the difference between a Radar 8 and 10 section rope is?

Thanks in advance

• Baller
If you ski 38 39 41 43 you need the sections. If you don't then don't spend the extra money. Unless. If you mostly ski 15 22 28 or open water you can disassemble the rope and reassemble to have all the short bits first. Lots more wear and tear.

• Baller
@jenksski Just be aware those are all made in China. Try Masterline, which is Made in USA. All our raw materials for our ropes are also sourced in the US. We are offering some spring sales. All the other major brand ropes are Made in China. Please support local. We have all types of ropes at comparable pricing to the Radar 8 section.

• Baller_

@mlusa

Thank you but your gloves are made in China, is there any focus now on producing american made gloves?

Sorry but I am going to do my part as an American consumer to purchase as much made in the usa products as I can.

It is going to be interesting to see how well a American boycot of Chinese made products will have an effect with future trade deals.

If you are an American buy American if you are from another country do your best to purchase home grown products.

Support your local business.

Masterline USA is a great small american company thank you for doing your best to provide our sport with american made products..

If you ain't figured it out I am mad as hell!

• Administrators

@Jody_Seal If you do not want to use Chinese gloves I am pretty sure you will need to go bare handed. Every ski company along with most golf, baseball, gardening, football, and any other sport gloves are made in China. I am not saying I like it but picking on Masterline about Chinese gloves is cognitive dissonance.

• Baller_

@Horton @MattP

4mh2pt2lh9sm.jpg

Please understand the sentence!!

I have a upholstery shop in my business.

Pictured is Dave building face masks for covid . Most of these masks (600 of them will go out to the elderly and ready by sunday.

This little shop could produce ski gloves very easily.

My question to mlusa, IS there any " FOCUS " to produce gloves in the usa?

And John you can get american made baseball products as well as golf and most everything you mentioned made right here in the usa.awv9cg1ids1l.jpg

• Baller
I would pay more for USA-made gloves. I chose the tower (New Dimension) for my boat because it is made in USA, and paid a LOT more than an import tower. I expected a high level of quality and craftsmanship and that is what I received. I’m a former small business owner and in retail most of my life - the internet and big box retail has provided consumers with a race to the bottom in terms of price (and quality).

• Administrators
@Jody_Seal I just had a long conversation with Russell from Masterline about various things. One of the things he told me is that he no longer has his gloves made in China.

• Baller

The pro gear type gloves are made in Pakistan, or at least most of them are... ML sells these type of gloves now, maybe they are made in US. You only need to have the pattern.

And Masterline rocks! Big fun of their ropes and eagle vests!

• Baller
@Jody_Seal we are making all of our Eagle wetsuits and vests in Houston. We have a pretty good factory for that stuff now, but no way can we make gloves and compete. You might be able to make a pair of gloves in your upholstery factory, but making a profit is another story. You have to make them cheap enough for people to afford them. I’d love to make the gloves in Houston and perhaps someday there may be the possibility or need. Right now we are doing everything we can to continue to make our products here and survive. We do make our bags and gloves overseas, but that’s only about 10% of our business. It is very difficult and at this time we have a lot of employees to keep paying to keep it moving instead of just being a warehouse stocking product. We are trying to do what we do best for now and do our part to make great products here. Our industry is going through some tough times right now. Boat companies, dealers and manufacturers will look different if this takes very much longer to clear up. If companies miss there peak sales season it will be tough for survival.