Boat house lift

msuws

o7wi4xf4uo3v.jpg

My parents just moved into Tellico Village and this is what they have to work with for their 2014 Prostar.

Has anyone made alterations to a larger boat lift to accommodate a ski boat? Looking for ideas for bunks and getting in and out of the boat without having to go for a swim.

Also, are there any Prostar owners that have played with position of bunks? In the past we have set up wide at the stern and narrow at the bow, but don't love the idea of having the bunks overlap any of the chines.

Please post your ideas and pictures! Thanks!

• Baller

The weight of the boat needs to be on the stringers. Measure the bunks on your trailer as your starting point. The majority of the weight of your boat should not be on any spot narrower than the engine compartment/bilge. You may have to get a different type of bracket to hold the bunks. You should be able to modify the cradle to match the trailer.

• Baller_

Ug. Those setups leave alot to be desired. I highly recommend an aluminum cradle from boatcradles.com/ They have multiple sizes that bolt together and all the auxiliary hardware you will need as well. Shipping is surprisingly reasonable.

You can get the cradle in widths of 8', 8'6" and 9'. Great company and very helpful.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
Looks quite similar to a Doozie. Ours doesn't have the pulleys on the beams though and our cross beams are welded on, not bolted. It's been installed since 1995 with only minor maintenance. I would send some pictures to Doozie as @JackQ recommended and see what they have to say. Worst case scenario is you buy some parts to retrofit what you have.

• Baller
The cables and I-beams look plenty strong. You really don't need the pulley setup for something like a Prostar. If I had to guess, that lift was used for a boat that is larger than a Prostar. I would check the motor, grease the gears, check over the cable or replace it, replace the bunks, position them where your trailer bunks are, put your choice of bunk cover on there for your gel coat, add a stop, and load it up. But that's just me.