Apocalypse Alcohol Consumption?

Horton

• Baller

I am homeschooling an 8 year old and 13 year old while my wife and I both try to run businesses....hers is in retirement planning, so she is basically a therapist right now...I own a travel agency and motorcoach company that does a lot of sports teams, senior citizens and corporate work...so...I basically just take cancellations and post memes on Facebook.

Umm...ya...my liver isn't begging for mercy...it is putting its arm around my shoulder and pouring me the drink.

• Baller
I stopped drinking about a year ago in an attempt to be healthier and lose some weight for skiing. After losing 6 pounds in a couple of weeks I decided there was something to it and just never started again. I was honestly surprised because I thought I’d miss it but never really did.

• Baller
We drink a little more because my kids are both home and in their early 20s so we hang out on Friday and Saturday nights and have some drinks with them which is great but definitely leading to more drinking. We try to keep the drinking during the rest of the week down.

Three of us now working from home and two of us are drinking a lot more starting at mid-day. I never thought an afternoon brew was at all practical while at the office. But I like it. They say it takes 21 days to both form and/or break a habit. The future looks a bit scary when we get to go back to the office since we are now in week four.

• Baller
@LoopSki just saw your post and had to say this. 10 Barrel is a really cool brewery in Bend, Oregon. Made a trip there a few years during fresh hop season. What a great time to visit this town! There are something like 20-30 breweries located there. Tried like heck to visit as many as I could in the 3 days I spent there. Finally cried uncle?This town is a great vacation spot snow skiing in the winter and hiking ,mountain biking and kayaking in the summer. High desert area so pretty much good weather most of the time

• Members

I have been searching for it in Austin, no luck so far. If anyone knows....

My local favorite is Electric Jellyfish by Pinthouse, best hazy juicey beer EVER, hoping they will reopen this weekend, damn corona beer virus

• Baller

You know, initially during this I thought that craft beer would be generally a good thing as far as being a "hey at least one thing is great every day, BEER!" during this crisis. So the first 7 weeks have been heavy-ish.

Now I'm going the other way. There's no better time than now to cut back. No bars, no restaurants, no parties, no bowling league, etc. No excuses. Sick and tired of feeling tired an anxious and sleeping like crap.

Doing a little scientific reading of the effects of alcohol on the body and mind and it's staggering data.