Mooring Cover Recommendation

Skoot1123

• Baller
Hey folks, I’m looking to get a new boat cover for our 2001 SN TSC1. I was pulling the cover right to protect it from the wind we were having and went to pull the front down a little bit and my fingers went right through the fabric. I have no idea how old the cover is, though apparently it started out as a tan cover - it is now gray. Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Baller

Tumacs (skip - found on ski it again) is good and great service. I don’t think the material breathes.

Sunbrella cover at skiboatcovers.com is my favorite. More Money though.

Also agree / recommend waterline cover unless boat is kept in a garage.

• Baller

I have a Westland or carver (can't remember) custom cover on my 196 in sunbrella. It's an excellent cover but these are not mooring covers! I use it when the boat is on the trailer only,with the tie down straps and even then have had pooling with heavy storms. You will need to customize the support system at least to leave the boat moored for these covers and be able to check on the boat, and even then not perfect.

I have no experience with the tumac cover but from what I see it is also not designed as a mooring cover, too loose fitting;correct me if I'm wrong here.

It also depends on how and where you will keep the boat. Most people will recommend a custom fit cover that fits very snug for mooring. Most local marine cover manufacturers can do it. There are a few out there who have the dimensions for ski boats, especially the 196. Rankin covers was 1, not sure if they are still around.

Evolution covers another. The factory cover on the 200 is excellent and uses wide webbing and a ratchet strap at the stern.