Ski Boat Insurance

scuppers

• Baller
Get quotes from Global Marine and Ski Safe. If you plan to use the boat in any sanctioned events (tournaments or exhibitions or practices), be sure to get the rider which provides exceptions to the typical "no commercial use" exclusion.

• Baller

Think you be surprised at the rates from Progressive...have my boats and bikes with them, very reasonable. But that being said I will look at the two mentioned by @Kelvin as well.

Knowledge is Power...

• Baller
I am insurance poor, being a contractor. Too many vehicles, boats, liability, etc. Anyway, you want to compare coverage before price. They will all be about the same price if you get the same coverage. The internet carriers are always cheap, but the coverage is usually not very good. Use an agent.

• Baller

As an agent, I can tell you internet carriers versus independent agents, versus captive held agents...there is no one size fits all or is always the best. Many things go into coverages/prices. Talk to your agent that insures your home/autos. Umbrellas need to be written correctly with the agent aware of all of your exposures.

Personally, we write most boats with Progressive as they are always competitive, and I never hear a peep when someone has a claim with their autos. I can't remember the last boat claim we had...i guess most competition skiers are pretty good risks!

• Baller

We have a Chubb policy on our 2007 SN, with $1MM Liability.

Does anyone have or know of insurance that goes above $1MM Liability? We would like to look at that if there is.

Thanks

• Baller
Your personal umbrella may or may not kick in above the limit of your boat policy. Likely depends on whether there is a watercraft exclusion or not. How the boat is titled may also have an impact. If applicable, that is the most cost effective means to secure coverage above the limit of the boat policy. You can also probably secure an excess policy on your boat alone. Your broker should have some answers and options.