Spraymakers Episode 11 - Ski Set Up

Horton

• Baller

Really good basic understanding...The only thing that was not discussed was differential fin depth, and the effects it can have on onside vs. offside. Some skis more than others.

As an example, my C75 Denali, you just tune it for the onside turn, no differential needed, because the offside is fantastic. You could probably put the fin on backwards and it would turn the offside well.... However, with the D3 NRG, it took .030 depth differential, to get the onside to turn equal to the offside. It was the only way to get them equal. An the person who told me to do that was Adam Cord....Thank you !!!

• Baller

@BraceMaker I know it totally worked for me. First used it on my NRG. That ski turned great on the offside but could not get it to turn well on the onside. I was always having to force the turn. It was Cord and Caldwell that told me to try it and that I needed a minimum of .030 to make it work. They even had a screw in the Fin-block of their Denali at the time, they could adjust the depth on one side.

It really worked well. I tried it with the stock fin, CG Fin, and the Whisper Fin. All worked better with it. That is currently my back-up ski to the Denali C75 I currently ride. The new C75 doesn't seem to need it, as I explained before. Only skis where you have tuned the off-side really well and are having trouble getting the on-side to turn.