Novice Night in Michigan

MISkier

• Baller_

With the recent resumption of sanctioning by USAWSWS, we are looking forward to sanctioned events here in Michigan. This year, we are also hosting some non-tournament events to get skiers some exposure to the slalom course without the congestion of a public lake. Our first event this season is the Novice Night at Lyon Ski Club. Let's get on the water and enjoy this great event.

What: Novice Night at Lyon

Where: Lyon Ski Club in Wixom, MI

Who: All novice junior, collegiate, or adult slalom skiers, regardless of amount of ski course experience. Advanced course skiers or current tournament skiers need not apply.

When: Tuesday, June 9th, 2020 – 3:00 PM until dark

Why: To turn buoys at a beautiful slalom site, behind a world-class boat with a rated driver, knowledgeable spotter, and calm water in a fun, low-pressure atmosphere.

Details: All participants must be USA Water Ski active or grassroots members. Please have an active membership before the event, as no onsite signup options will be available.

To join USA Water Ski:

https://www.usawaterski.org/members/join/

Membership options information (PDF):

http://www.usawaterski.org/graphics/downloads/MembershipOptions.pdf

A daily Guest Membership may also be purchased by calling (863) 324-4341

Please contact Pete Shoemaker (@PSM on BOS) for more details or if you are interested in registering.

mobile: (313) 610-0385

email: progearpete@gmail.com

Instagram: @pete_shoemaker

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_

Additional details regarding the Novice Night at Lyon Ski Club:

The cost is $35 per skier. The format is two sets with 4 passes (or two falls) per set. With a limit of 25 skiers, register soon to get a slot.

• Baller_
On a related note, this was also the site for my first tournament ever. I was very satisfied with my score that day and saw some great skiers there.

• Baller

I watched the Novice Night post with particular interest as we had on the schedule to do our Monday Night Ski League here in Indiana. We had our first event last Monday (6/08) at Boondocks Lake and our second event this evening 6/15) at Brewski Lake in Indy. Both events have had a "full house" of skiers of all abilities, ages, etc. Even had 2 handicapped fellows and a complete beginner on 2 skis. We are not nearly so organized as the Novice Night group and only charge $10 per 15 minute set. Other ski lakes ought to join in the fun to promote and hopefully grow the sport. It's harder and harder to play on public waters with the "wake machines" roughing up the waters. Keep up the good work up there and we will also down here in Indiana. We have more scheduled in June and July.9i4nji11afti.jpg