1995 MC PROSTAR 190

bananaron

• Baller

Hey ballers I need your help and advice.I know many of you are very smart and knowledgeable about skiing and boats.I have had many boats recently however nothing this old.I just came across a 1995 MC PS 190.It appears to be very clean and has the LT-1 corvette engine and I am curious how this boat skis and how the wake is at 34-36 on a shoreline rope.Any and all comments will be greatly appreciated.I do know boats however not so much on the older ones.I have skied a 2000 PS 190 many times and know that pull and wake.Thanks......qejxwah49dec.jpg

• Baller_

That year should have a low wake with minimal spray. The wake will be a bit more firm than the 92-94 models, but really not an issue. I would also say it is a better wake than the 2000 model.

There may be some maintenance concerns with the LT1 engine. I'm sure others can provide more info on that.

I ski behind this same model every summer for a week or so. Very good experience, in my opinion.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
Hard to beat imo. As good as any if not better slalom wake. A ‘97 PS is the primary boat used at our site for the past 21 years and still looks and runs like new. The LT1 has ~1,300 hrs on it. I skied a 2018 PS at our local tourney and the pull and wake of the 97 with PP Stargazer feels the same to me.

• Baller

Should have a great wake. Tracking isn’t great, especially with only a driver. LT1 has lots of power for that hull. Some of the LT1 specific parts(water pump and hoses) are getting scarce.

MC Team Talk thread on that hull.

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com//showthread.php?t=14622

I used to own a 99 SportStar 350 Vortec TBI and a friend had a 98 SportStar with an LT1. They had similar power.

• Baller
I've got a 97 PS 190, LT1 and slot. It's a fantastic combination. Maintenance has been pretty minimal, did do a water pump but found the cross reference at Napa if I remember right. Sandbag on the passenger side and boat rides level, wakes are soft and spray so much better than the 91-94 hull. The previous hull does turn better, if that's important to you. The boat is a crowd favorite to ski behind at the lake, but ZO would make it even more awesome.

• Baller

I have a 1995 with 600 hours on it with the LT-1. Maintenance has been minimal, just a fuel pump since I’ve owned it (5 years). Skis great and I personally think it drives as well as most newer boats.

The other boat I ski behind regularly is a 1997 196 which has a smaller bump @ 22 but after that it’s all the same to me.

• Baller
I ski behind the same boat as @ALPJr Engine is a damned freight train, with Star gazer the ball times are perfect...like...PERFECT. Wake is soft, really the only minor knock on it is you have to actually drive it as tracking can be a little squirly when you have a skier pulling pretty hard.

• Baller

My ski partner has one of these with the LT-1 and it is a fabulous boat, He has Z-Box installed and has spent a lot of time dialing that in and it works very well. I think the LT-1 in this older hull is really great as it's not working hard and has the reserve needed to pull real well, more like the newer boats. also IMHO having the overpowered (for the day) LT-1 engine increases reliability as it is not working that hard. You have to maintain them and keep a spare impeller on board but I look foward to skiing it always.

Some on our dock want to train on it and call it a cheater boat, as the wakes are non existent compared to a SN200. We run a wide range of skiers and it is just great to ski behind. They are light. Run the 4 blade prop. I would seriously consider it how much?