Anyone see a course this messed up?

david_quail

cyvpflgcvcoj.jpeg

I’ve inherited maintenance of a course. It’s been spliced together a dozen times - mainline and pvc. I guess the mainline snapped last year and the wind dragged it in all types of direction.

No idea how to actually untangle without bringing onto shore (and no idea what these cans were tied on for).

Hence my earlier post about upgrading to a new one ...

What. A. Mess.

• Baller
Far from being an expert, I think most courses have a mainline and diamond shaped cables around the turn buoy arms. See this picture for instance. Can you identify at least one end of the course and try to untangle from there? The cans may have been added to help float the arms.

• Baller
Those "cans" were put there to keep the course off the bottom, or to keep the pvc level. They can bow a lot. I can assure you that it cannot be fixed from a jet ski. If it must stay, you can get a few jonboats/floating dock/etc together to work on one section at a time.

• Baller
Works pretty well to run the cable over a row boat cross wise through the oar locks can slide up and down the mainline. You'll need to get that arm out for sure so you can untwist as it looks like the arms probably twisted around the mainline.

• Baller
Agree to pull it all out. Get a wire spool or old hose reel and reel it up on that on land. Then unreel/ deploy in the lake. This will allow every connection to be inspected and updated if need be. Do it right now then enjoy for years to come.

• Baller

We had an old Accusink on our lake that sat on the bottom in 50 -60 feet of water for about 10 years. Tried to bring it back up and just ended up tearing the whole thing out and breaking it completely down to base components. The pipes, cables and stainless hardware was all still perfectly fine after a good scrubbing. All of the airline plumbing had to be trashed. We ended up not redoing the air system and have been raising and lowering manually for the past few years. I did however just send a bunch of money to Wally at Wally Skier this week so a new inflation kit should be going back on this summer at some point.

45dk0idt2m5n.png

• Baller

David, Just went through this same predicament this spring.... Do I try to revive a derelict course (once an awesome fully functioning accusink system but not used in 10 yrs)..... Well after 5 sessions of work we found it too far gone (biggest issue was cable mainline was crumbling).

We’re now floating (full-time) a course on public water and it’s working. Only issue is either gators or vandals are puncturing bouys.

1kbzlmumbeix.jpeg

ezv4j4nvega0.jpeg

dhzslejirhfw.jpeg