Knuckle smashing glove box.

Tbub

After many smashed fingers and knuckles it is time to install a new shock on my 2004 SN. It seems like I replaced it years ago but the problem still exists. I have tried local auto parts stores with no luck. Where can I find the most powerful shock absorber? My boat has been flawless all these years except when it comes to the design of not only the glove box but the motor box as well. Those shocks broke years ago. The mounts ripped from the fiberglass and bent on the carpeted clamshell. Now the motor box hinge broke. Great engineered boat except for that. So... looking for the glove box shock and any ideas how to fix the motor box issue. Thanks to all.

• Baller

@Tbub

I have a 02 196 and had the same issue with my glovebox. I ordered a set on ebay (only need 1). Its a 7.5# and I recall the original being like 4#. This is harder to close which is nice since it won't fall down even if you're driving. I replaced mine a few years ago and just have the spare in the glovebox for when I need it eventually or someone else does.

1wjimtba3fu8.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372973602949