getting a set in Wisconsin Friday

Buxrus

I am picking up a boat near Lauderdale lakes in Wisconsin. I see two sites north of the marina where I am taking delivery. Is there someone who knows how to contact a member or owner to see if i can get a set while in the area? Lake is Still Waters Lake. The other site is Jim Michael's site. Or perhaps there are other sites near that are not on the Google earth ski lakes project. Thanks in advance.

• Baller

Just looking to get on the water for a set? Or instead looking for an actual course?

@UWSkier is right that there are lakes everywhere, including right at Lauderdale Lakes.

Both Stillwaters and Lyn Louise are private so wouldn't bother with either of those. There is a public site up on Neosho Pond (someone can correct me if it's no longer there). It's an old mill pond so tons of sediment and very shallow, but you'd have it to yourself. I haven't put in there in 5-6 years.

• Baller
Drop it in at Lauderdale. I grew up on that lake. Bult my first course there is 70's. Still have family there. No course anymore but weekday skiing should be good water. Stay in Mill lake (1st of the 3) . Far side back bay is best skiing (Don Jean Bay).

• Baller

There is a private ski lake between Reedsburg and Wis Dells. Dave Mule (pronounced that way but not sure how it's spelled) is/was one of the owners, he used to pull for the UW team (@UWskier are you familiar?)

There's also a private lake (with a separate barefoot lake) near Eastman, between Wi Dells and Adams. A group of people from Madison own it.

• Baller
My sister skis with Dave on occasion. Is the second spot you're referring to Tolzmans' old place? Former cranberry bogs? Not sure what ever happened to that place. Site of my most miserable ever tournament set. 20 mph winds and snowing like crazy.

• Baller

@UWSkier, yes, Tolzman's. KT lost the property, and a group of people from Madison bought it together.

Does your sister ski with Dave at the Reedsburg lake? I know there were three people who owned it, and they didn't get along. Dave wanted out,said he was going to build a lake on his farm near Lake Mills, but that was a dozen years ago. I've totally lost track of those people, other than the Tolzman. I coached his boys in wrestling two seasons ago and the youngest and my son were both on the track team.

There were three boats with a portable in Okee bay this Saturday morning according to my buddy.

• Baller

For the number of lakes, and skiers within an hour or so from Madison, we have far too few courses available to ski unless you are really"in" with someone.

I've got to say that the Dubuque waterski club was one of the best I've belonged to other than the fluctuations with high water on the Mississippi. Less than a $100 membership and gas money for the several boat owners. Ski their course each weekend and a couple nights during the week. Im not sure how they are doing after the last three years having major flooding. Something to look into for some of you. I might be able to get some information if requested.