Reflex Supershell 5.0 Large Plate (Size 12) setup

Anderson

• Baller
I just received my Supershell 5.0 size 12 boots with the large G10 plate. My system came un-assembled, and I can't find any graphics or instructions on the Reflex website or the retailer's website with instructions that match the hole pattern on the large plate I received. I have four holes on the plate to use to mount the release arms, and thus have two choices on where to mount the 840 release (forward or back on the plate). Does anybody have the Supershell 5.0 in Large/12 and could tell me where your 840 release was mounted on the plate? Don't want to screw up and risk safety. Also reaching out to the retailer, but thought I might get help from the BOS family. Thanks!

• Baller
Hi Anderson:. I just got the 5.0 Supershell plate and boot in size 12. It came assembled. I will take a picture of it tomorrow and also the underside so you can see where the screws go in. Size 12 that is the real deal ... Good to help another Sasquatch.

• Baller
@dwfrech Thanks for the offer to post a pic. That would be great! LOL - I think that being tall helps in the course, weighing close to 220 not so much :smile: Note to self -- stop eating, this COVID weight gain is "no bueno" for slaying balls. Thanks again! I really appreciate the help.

• Baller

@Anderson ... here are some pictures. This is a Carbon Plate but I think the holes are identical and it is also a size 12. Hope this helps. Looks like the heel binding is all the way back on the last hole and third hole. By the way, I was using a regular Reflex Hard Shell (white/black) which was less stiff. I would say this new Supershell 5.0 feels like a Mountaineering Boot, whereas the older Reflex was like a New Basketball High Top shoe. But they both work - av4atu76w2cp.jpg

ts5jap2se34d.jpg

ch4kjedszley.jpg

and I have the Thick Reflex liner which changes things too from the old Thin Reflex liner. Both are great setups.

• Baller
@dwfrech Thank you! I owe you one. This is exactly what I was looking for. I mounted the binding/boot to my Vapor and I am really happy with the 5.0 so far. FWIW, my early edition Reflex boot seemed to leave me poorly connected to the ski -- every ball was a guess as to how the ski was going to turn. With the 5.0 I feel really connected/stable and the turns were much more predictable for the two sets I ran. Hope that trend continues. Thanks again for the help. Happy skiing!