Swim Platform Rope Ladder or Stirrup?

mmskiboat

• Members
Has anyone had any success using a rope ladder or stirrup at the back of the boat. Since we use the boat on the lake for other stuff than skiing I wanted to have an easier option should people be swimming and want access. I was thinking I can tie off on the rear tow point when needed.

• Baller

@mmskiboat A friend just brought home a new to him Ski Nautique 196 with one of these mounted under his platform. A pretty elegant solution to your needs but it stays up and out of the way when going and drops down easily for those who need it.

Garelick/Eez-In 19643:01 Under Platform Sliding Ladder https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KCFT9DM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_bpJ9EbTRDV1R0

• Baller

Not seen done. There was a guy on MC forum that added one a few years ago.

I like the rope ladder idea. Rig it such that you use two quick clips, looping rope spring the grab handle first, clips would be a foot or so away from fiberglass.

Maybe two steps max, as stated, you don’t want it hung up in rudder or prop...

• Members

Thanks guys. I was going to look at this site:

https://www.ezty.com/category-s/147.htm

You can buy the individual parts and make the length any amount. The main issue is that you do not want to go under the boat. Really just a one step to help get up and more out of the water and do not want a permanent solution just something that I would have in the boat should there be people swimming that cannot get in easily.

• Members

@skimtb Yes you can just buy the steps and build your own. I also like some of the other rope products but that is another topic.

@bbirlew Had not thought about that. Will give it a shot as we have an older one that we will not be using. It is a wakeboard handle that has lots of support, my answer could be already in my dock box.