Radar Vapor Boot Dry Rot

• Baller

My 2016 Vapor Front Boot failed this week. The rubber piece ripped up the side where it connects to the harder shell.

Is there anything that can be applied to the rubber part on the heels of Radar Vapor boots to keep them from dry rotting? Maybe silicone?

Same things happened to my Radar Vectors, they disenengrated behind the boot. Radar covered it under warranty and I got newer Radar Vector Boa, which they changed the material to a Carbitex, and this has done fine and is a super nice feeling boot. I added aluminum plates so good combo. But old Vector couldn't believe they literally fell apart without any use over winter.

• Baller
Ski gets wiped down liners removed lay upside down on a pair of sawhorses in garage till dry. Stored in closet upstairs in winter. 4 years old and no problems. When I put liners back I make sure I put all pressure on tongue and barely touch rear rubber with liner.

• Baller
Had the same problem with my vectors...I rekon there were issues with older ones...but The Man Brooks fixed me up! Radar is pretty good at backing up their stuff and that is one of the reasons i keep buying it. If they aren’t too old i suggest calling radar.

• Baller
I never remove the liners, just store upside down after use in the basement. I have 2010 RS-1s, 2013 vapors, 2016 Vapors, and 2019 Caritex Vapors all in good shape mounted on skis all of which are used occasionally.

• Baller
@thager that's interesting. I've had all those bindings and the heel rubber disintegrated on all of them after 2-3 years. I always left my liners in and stored my ski sitting on the tail. If prolonged exposure to a wet liner is the problem then storing vertically would concentrate the water on the heel peice while your method would facilitate drying by letting water run out the top of the liner. Good to know.

• Baller
Liners always left in, I figure less strain on the back rubber by leaving liners in. Rinsed off with fresh water and stored upside down with a fan blowing on them after use. I get a new set every 3 years.