D3 T-Factor Binding

dbaconaz

• Baller
@dbaconaz I used T-Factors front & rear for a few years before transitioning to Vapor's. T-Factors are nice and rigid on lateral movement - meaning they respond really well to my input. They do allow pretty good forward movement and restrict neutral-to-back stance which is good. They hold up well when properly stored out of the sun. I do like my Vapors better but T-Factors are not far behind. I have heard people say that the width of the boot is tight for those that have wide feet - which can cause some cramping discomfort. I'd have that feel early in the season with cool water temps. For rubber, open toe bindings - I'd say they are one of the best out there.

• Baller
@Murrski Thanks so much for the input! What are you skiing on? I'm looking at demo both a D3 and Radar ski and my current binding will not work on either. So I was looking at the T-Factors. Do you know if either the T-Factor or

• Baller
I have used them for last 10 yrs (whenever they came out?) - lots of mileage! Only had to replace laces 1 time. Plus one wrap. Very comfortable, easy to get on, and light weight. I rarely fall and become dislodged from the ski, but the few times I have, the bindings pop right off. No foot or ankle issues for me.
  • Like 1

• Baller
I've been on Radar Vapor skis the past few seasons (2016 and been on the 2017 for the past 2 seasons). I had my T-Factors on both before going to Vapor bindings. Both Vapor and T-Factor bindings will work on D3 and Radar skis.

• Baller
Too tight for my big foot. Caused cramping across the top of the foot. Easy to get into, came out of easily, actually quite comfortable and if it wasn't for the tightness across the top of the foot I would still have use it. My son now uses it

• Baller
Just switched to one and I like it. No cramping. It does not hold your ankle in as much of a forced "forward" position as a more traditional highwrap binding like the old Leverage, it really allows the ankle to stand straight up naturally which is a change for anyone used to having their ankle bend more forced. This affected my onside turn negatively until I corrected my technique. I love the quality and comfort of this binding, great item.

• Baller
I use it and like. I found the footbed to be too spongy so I modified to a harder footbed. The sides didnt fit my foot just right but it was easy to take apart and grind on it to customize to my foot, so now it fits like a glove and my foot doesnt move

• Baller
Been on tfactors for about 4 years now. Absolutely love them . At a 9 1/2 shoe I went with medium and they’re great. I do use a lot of slime to get in but it’s more just to make it a bit easier. Love the dual front laces. Great support and stiffness without feeling stiff. Hands down the best rubber binding out there in my opinion . Great control and feel plus they release. Never had an injury and have had some world class falls. Ran them on my S2 and now GTR. They feel even better on the GTR. Love Tfactors

• Baller
Kinda depends on how tight it is for your foot without the laces tightened. To pop it on loosely I could probably do this with mine in the water, just need to loosen the bungee laces fully. However, if you like to cinch them nice and snug or the binding is sized a little small for your foot, the easiest way is to jump onto the platform - if you have one. Which begs the question, if you do, why wouldn’t you?

• Baller
Thanks mate. I ski behind an outboard so only have a seat sized platform either side of the engine, so I can't really put it on out of the water after a stack. Well, I could but it would be about as graceful as a moose on roller skates.....

• Baller

I love my t factor I would call it a hybrid binding not a rubber binding in the way it feels and performs

Been in a reflex Blk shell for 12 years replacing the system every two years due to wear

No mire flattening soles and cutting plastic so it works right

I’m Surprised more skiers are not in this boot

This boot moves with you and does not punish mistakes but has tons of power

Plus a WR And many 41

If this was the WC snow skiing all the others racers would be using or at least testing this boot

• Like 1

• Baller

I really like my Tfactor, just a couple of things for you guys need to check now and again tho, take the binding off of your ski and tighten the screws on the underside of the binding they do get loose, the other thing to keep a eye on is the back rubber, they can start to tear on the end of the rubber slot, I normally carry a hole punch, and punch the end of the tear, that prevents it from tearing any more, normally just the top one.

• Baller
Thanks guys. For all you T Factor users, what's your opinions on ease (or difficulty) of putting them on in the water (when I invariably face plant and get peeled out of my ski), not a platform? Just put an Animal on my Carbon Omni, and thinking about a T Factor on my good old CX Superlite

• Baller
@Rednucleus Yeah, I just get my boat crew to chuck me my binding slime and throw a bit in. Stays in my boot long enough to get it back on easily in the water. It is the new Animal though, that doesn't have laces. Could probably do the same with a TFactor.

• Baller

Last year my coach helped me choose my first ski and binding. I went for Radar Union with Radar Prime boot.

At first the Prime felt fine, but as I was advancing I realised how soft it is and how much my foot moves to all directions.

Last week I got myself a T-Factor after I read all the good reviews.

I can only say that I am well impressed with the control I had and the ski felt amazing.

• Baller_
Does a new T-Factor stretch out or loosen up after a while ? I just received a SIZE XL for my size 12 foot. I had to completely remove both laces to get it on with lots of slime. Then its so tight across the top of the arch that it hurts. So, does it ease up after some use ? I am tempted to cut out the very thin 2.5" wide rubber strap added across the arch, but I'm going to wait before I do that.

• Baller

@swbca It should loosen up. I am a 12 or 13 and use an xl. Take it off your ski and when sitting in front of the tv, smash it with your foot a bunch. It will soften it up significantly. I would not cut that rubber piece off until you are sure its too tight. If you widen it, it will smash your arch more.

Are you sure it’s an xl?

• Baller

I’ve got low-arch feet. Sz 10-10.5

I first tried sz med TF and ended up going with sz Large. I snug the forefoot down tight to get good foot to ski contact, then never change that adjustment. Even ran zip ties on forefoot for a season. I Only loosen top lace for on/off.

Used them now for 7 yrs and just rebuilt front binding with a new heel piece last yr. I ordered some back up laces and slide clips just in case. Replaced a clip after a buddy tried my ski, pulled off clip and dropped it in lake.