Drugs in your boat

skihard

• Baller

I live in a private lake ski site now but like many others on this forum I used to ski public lakes and waters all over, whenever, and wherever I could. Which meant the truck and boat launch were often a ways away or in some cases many miles away.

Now the title of the thread is completely misleading on purpose to catch your attention. I want to reach out to everyone no matter where you are enjoying your time on the water please always consider keeping a few Benadryl and a bottle of water in your boat.

I got stung by a wasp yesterday afternoon right on the end of my nose. ***please laugh, it's ok I know I would too!***

But a mere 10hours later I couldn't even recognize my own self in the mirror, couldn't hardly see, and had a very dry throat. I was on my way to emergency to get meds pumped in me through an IV.

Doctor told me the 4 Benadryl my wife forced me to take at home that afternoon saved me from being even worse. After my IV and release from hospital I am now on a weeks worth of steroids, continuing with Benadryl every 4 hours, and the proud new owner of an epipen. As I discovered the hard way I don't handle stings very good anymore. Never before have I been like this.

Just some food for thought friends this summer when you're away from home. Pic on left is just before going to hospital and pic on right is me coming home after release. Worst thing is it was supposed to be my first day back in the water in almost two weeks from another injury!

2020 you can piss off now! For real!!!

4uapf6p8zh1w.jpg

• Baller
When i was late teens i landscaped/cut lawns for several summers, got stung probably several dozen times and never looked much worse then a mosquito bite. Mid twenties I'm painting my house and get stung on my hand, within 10 minutes I nearly had to cut off my wedding ring off, one of our friends a nurse is helping paint and got many Benadryl in me just in time. Evidently your bodies reaction can change quite a bit over time,

• Baller
For some reason I can handle a wasp no problem. Goes away in an hour at most. A bee sting , I swell up pretty good. Not as bad as you though! Our home on the lake gets a lot of wasps and bees. My son got stung yesterday. Good reminder to get Benadryl for the house just in case.

• Baller

I've got Benadryl in every first aid kit I have - boat, truck, motorcycles. Over the years I have developed an allergy to insect stings and getting them in the strangest way possible. The weirdest one was while waterskiing, middle of the lake - bee in the mouth. Couple dozen paper wasp stings in the face when I opened a box on a trailer I was buying and found an enormous nest. Then most recently, riding at 70mph on a motorcycle on the way to work - stinger through the pants in the thigh.

Only picture - this was the paper wasps. By the date on the picture and the color of my hair, about 14 years ago. zxwqb6dkk5os.jpg