Ankle Injury

steeliejunkie

• Baller

Hello all,

First time posting here but I have been reading for a long time. I took a bad OTF fall last week and have a group three sprain in my right ankle. Wondering if others who have had bad ankle sprains in the past have used any braces on ankles after a sprain while skiing? Any tricks to getting back on the water sooner?

Looks like I need to not have my vapor boots as tight as they were since my foot got stuck half way out as I went down.

• Baller
If you do a search here you will see that ankle injuries are common. I don't have much advice to getting better faster. You many want to take a look at some of the release binding options like Reflex, the Syndicate release system, and Mikes Overall Binding (MOB). Lace bindings release great for some but not everyone and you have to be careful how tight you make them every time. Take care of that ankle.

• Baller
I took a potentially bad fall (offside turn) the other morning and luckily, both feet released. I'm definitely a proponent of slightly looser bindings. Been very happy with my Connelly Sync's the last two years.