2021 Prostar Engine Selection

chipkimball

• Administrators

@chipkimball The 6.2L is insanely awesome but it is completely unnecessary unless you have an extremely short set up or are at high altitude or are jumping over 230 feet. The 6.0 is great.

Seriously inquiring. I am a world level barefooter. I ski with a friend on his lake with his Mc that has the 5.7 tha only hits 41.4 mph limits what I can train on when with them. I know it won’t be the tournament wake but need something that can pull 44+ for one foot turns. Would either of the motors push it down the lake that fast or am I out of luck?

• Baller

@Barfot The 6.2 2020 MC I use every day hits 47mph+ with 4-blade prop, bimini and tower etc. The 6.2 2021 will work great for you.

@chipkimball either will suit you well. I've been skiing the 6.0 2021 this last week a fair bit and it's killer but the 6.2 is great too. If you're at elevation or on a short lake and nervous about the smaller engine go 6.2 but if not you'll be more than happy with the 6.0. The 3-blade prop on the 6.0 also skis great while helping at elevation and on short lakes.

Thank You all for the info. I am a big fan of larger motors my barefooter has a 6.2 and runs 49 all day long. I think the safe side with a 6.2 is the route I will go so we can both be happy even though its a 8k upgrade I only need a few upgrades to make us both happy. I appreciate it again and will be going to my dealer this week to place an order.

• Baller
@Horton Well, 35off is as short as I go, but...MC has a more efficient hull than CC. Might work as an option. The 200+ jumpers could opt for the 6.2, shortline skiers 6.0, and us wallys could cruise the lake after a long line set with a 5.3 sipping fuel. Ilmore has 'em in stock.