Slalom skiing behind A Wakeboard Boat

davethewave

At camp far west i didn t have a driver so I asked A guy with A Ski Sanger to pull me.

I knew the wake would be bigger than what i was used to with my Sanger flat.I liked

how I popped right up and proceeded to set myself up for the first cut.I hit the wake

with caution and it was bigger than I thought.On the next cut I told myself it can't

be that big... wrong.It was all I could do to keep the ski (A Radar Senate) on top

of the water.And by the third cut I was launched into the air,A forword complete

flip and I was through.Back in the boat I noticed A Wakeboard on the rack and I said

well, that explains it.He said no,the boat is for skiing.I've skied behind A ski boat

before and the wake was normal.So, please tell me ...who's fooling who?

• Baller

I believe the sangers have a 16 degree rise across their line of hulls. In other words, the running surface is the same on the Ski boat as on their wake boats. The ski boat can and will put out a big wake at slower speeds. At 36 it should not be terrible, and it flattens out really well at 45 or 50 (one of the reasons its considered one of the best barefoot boats. Still, you would not find hard core slalom skiers buying Sangers. You would do better with most other brands of direct drive ski boats. My $.02.

• Baller
I free skied behind a Sanger barefoot boat, not sure what kind but the owner was a national barefoot champion a few years ago. The wake was ok for slaloming at 15 off 32 mph. My boat mates skied at 28 off 34 mph. Nice run was had by all of us.