CLEANING OUT BOATHOUSE/TOW ROPES WITH HANDLES

bananaron

• Baller

I have a 13in accurate radius handle with a rope to 39.5 that is in excellent condition.Also have a older 12in straight-line handle with a rope to 39.5 .These ropes are still good for skiers like me however I have too many in the boathouse. $55.00 for both ropes.Plz contact me if you are interested.THX.......Ron 218-851-2801pc49rpbpjwz4.jpg

v29uueq3h7mx.jpg

• Baller
LOL Both are sold.@Horton I certainly would not expect you to even think about these ropes as I am sure you change your ropes more often then your underwear.These ropes I got out of boats that I have purchased recently and actually the accurate is like brand new.I only buy in- tow or masterline ropes however I have purchased some radar or HO recently.I am 72 yrs old and ski open water and consider myself a good recreational skier who skis at 34 to 36 mph and when we ski we run 2 to 3 miles of skiing making many cuts.I try to ski 2 times a day and last yr skied probably 150 times.This yr probably less due to wind bone on bone on both knees and a bad back that kept me off the water for a wk.I have a in-tow rope Brenda made for me 3yrs ago and it still looks brand new.I do rotate my ropes and usually have a ski partner who skis with me. IN 62 yrs of skiing I have never had a rope break .So from my experience these ropes last for ever however I am not running the course however probably ski more then most people.A really great baller from Washington sent me a rope that he had not used in yrs and was not skiing due to cancer surgery.He had seen the article about my kids from Hong Kong and we have been using that rope for the past 2yrs and its in excellent condition and will last a long time.To the kids it was special due to the person who sent us the rope.Ropes are like boats they last a long time and ARE ARE JUST BROKEN IN AT 1000 HRS.

• Baller
@bananaron I broke a rope free skiing years ago, it hurt a lot and gave me a small concussion. Not worth it, especially if you are getting HO, Radar, or Proline ropes that don't cost as much. A ski partner just broke a rope earlier this year and was lucky it happened when getting up. New ropes and handles are cheap insurance.

• Administrators
@bananaron I would say NO ONE should ski on that rope in the top image. It is not safe for the skier or the boat crew. The day one finally does break and smacks someone in the boat will be a day too late.

• Baller
@dvskier I only buy the best stuff and maintain it.In fact if u buy one of my boats it will be the best boat u will ever own.And they are PRISTINE!! I only ski with in tow or masterline however I probably keep using them longer them most of u guys.I think they last longer for me as I am just an old guy and not a hot slalom stud. 60yrs and still keeps on ticking...

• Baller
I e got a couple of years on you and life is too short to miss any skiing as a result of equipment failure. I have a 2004 SN that does well for me although the Carbon Pro is tempting! I also snow ski 100+ days per year. Age is just a number. New Masterline rope and handle for me every year. Drop in the bucket compared to the fun I get out of it.